Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2014 4:44:11 PM EDT
FYI if you haven't heard and you're in NE AL.  A Gander Mountain is going up beside the Goodyear Plant, where the golf course used to be.  Supposedly April opening, IIRC.

jd1
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.  I sure do hate traffic in that area though.  I can't think of anywhere better really unless the old K-mart building is still empty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  I sure do hate traffic in that area though.  I can't think of anywhere better really unless the old K-mart building is still empty.
View Quote

I was in the area, the place looks huge.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That's my neck of the woods.  The east Gadsden Kmart building is vacant but they are developing a big strip mall/ shopping center where the Goodyear golf course was.  I've been in a few Gander Mtn stores and the prices were usually stupid high. My expectations are pretty low.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Best selection anywhere but sky high prices.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Best selection anywhere but because of their sky high prices.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fixed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best selection anywhere but because of their sky high prices.

Fixed.

They built one in Tuscaloosa and this is so true!
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#8]
They should have just moved the Huntsville store to Gadsden.  It's not used much anymore.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They should have just moved the Huntsville store to Gadsden.  It's not used much anymore.
View Quote

I was in there about a month ago and they still had Promag AR mags for $30 or something stupid high.

The HSV one is in a horrible location when you can go to Larry's right down the street and actually get a deal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, now that it's killed the Hsv Wiley's.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I know this topic is dead now but I just wanted to add that the store will be having it's soft opening on April 6th. I work at the Gander Mountain in Florence and I'm about to leave to head toward Gadsden to help set up and train the store and employees.

Yes, they do have high prices but the key to getting a deal is asking them to price match. It varies per store but ask if they will price match Buds Guns online. We are no longer able to do it at our store but many stores still do and when this new store opens they will want to be competitive for sure so I'm willing to bet they will do it.

If they don't price match online prices they will match within 100 miles of the store.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
If GM won't price match regular advertised prices regardless of the type or location of the vendor then there is no point in offering price matching.  Their competition is not just the LGS or Academy down the street but the internet site that gives me the lowest price for the exact same product.

I've had this discussion with several in GM management and they all admit their prices are too high.  Sounds like corporate types not knowing their products or market.  I browse when I have time to stop in but have yet to buy anything.

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I just moved to Fayetteville, TN and took a drive to Huntsville the other evening. On the way into town, I passed the Gander Mountain and decided I'd stop by on the way out of town. When I got into the parking lot, I thought the place was closed for good. There's a For Lease sign on one corner of the building, the parking lot was empty, and there were a couple of cops sitting outside, bs'ing. Had I not seen a couple of employees standing near the door and asked them, I never would have thought it was open. When we went inside, there were less than 10 customers in the whole store, myself, my fiancee, and our daughter included. I know it was a Tuesday evening, but how can they justify keeping the store open if that's the way it looks?

On a semi-related note, I was down there again this morning, looking for work, and stopped in at Larry's Pawn and Gun. They've got a great selection and great prices. Where in the world do they find so many used Glocks? Seriously, they must have hundreds of 3rd Gen 17's, 22's, 23's and more, all for less than $400.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Was at the Auburn store last Saturday, and it was a ghost town. Still had problems getting help at the gun counter so I could check out a P30 they had. Fairly nice guy helping me, but seemed rushed.

Crazy high prices, but they do have a lot of inventory. Used pieces were priced at almost new.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Was at the Auburn store last Saturday, and it was a ghost town. Still had problems getting help at the gun counter so I could check out a P30 they had. Fairly nice guy helping me, but seemed rushed.

Crazy high prices, but they do have a lot of inventory. Used pieces were priced at almost new.

View Quote

Been said before.....they have such good inventory because of the high prices.   Find any 22 yesterday?

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Been said before.....they have such good inventory because of the high prices.   Find any 22 yesterday?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't get a chance to check, Mother's Day errands had to be run.

Pop's retired a couple months ago, so I'm gonna get him on the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top