Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know if the shops are selling more cans yet because of this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone know if the shops are selling more cans yet because of this?
View Quote
I would say not.  The process is too long and tedious for most people to bother with.

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]
That, and most people don't know about the change yet (though I tell as many hunters as I can think of, most all had no idea).  That said, I sent my check to the ATF Yesterday :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That, and most people don't know about the change yet (though I tell as many hunters as I can think of, most all had no idea).  That said, I sent my check to the ATF Yesterday :)
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you go with a Specwar 762?  

Congrats!  Now the anxiety of wait begins for you
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps pictures from this coming season will motivate others, so the real pickup will be next season.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hearing rumors of FB that the change has gone through and hunting with suppressors is now legal in AL
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
http://americansilencerassociation.com/blog/http://americansilencerassociation.com/blog/
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Email from NRA-ILA

Alabama: Conservation Advisory Board
 Votes to Repeal Ban on Hunting with Suppressors

<o:p></o:p>

On Saturday, May 3, the
 Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board voted
 unanimously to repeal the prohibition on using a suppressor while hunting in
 the Yellowhammer State.  This change must still undergo an
 administrative process but will likely take effect in late June.
 Currently, more than 30 states allow hunters to use suppressors while
 hunting. There are numerous benefits to hunting with suppressed firearms,
 including:

·        

Increased
 use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints that are
 frequently an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country.
 This will protect hunting areas well into the future.

·        

Using
 a suppressor while hunting will reduce recoil and muzzle rise to help
 increase the accuracy of hunters.  More accurate shooting in the field
 means fewer wounded and lost animals--a good thing for hunters and wildlife.

·        

While
 suppressors do not eliminate the sound of a firearm, they do reduce the
 muzzle report in a manner similar to the way that a muffler reduces exhaust noise
 from a vehicle.  Suppressors simply help to protect against hearing
 loss.

Thank you to the Alabama
 Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board for voting to
 repeal this restriction and allowing hunters to further enjoy the rich tradition
 of hunting that Alabama has to offer.

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Email from NRA-ILA

[div style='text-align: center;']

Alabama: Conservation Advisory Board  Votes to Repeal Ban on Hunting with Suppressors<o:p></o:p>

[div style='text-align: center;']http://graphics.nra.org/ila/leg_alert/line.gif<o:p></o:p>

On Saturday, May 3, the  Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board voted  unanimously to repeal the prohibition on using a suppressor while hunting in  the Yellowhammer State.  This change must still undergo an  administrative process but will likely take effect in late June.   Currently, more than 30 states allow hunters to use suppressors while  hunting. There are numerous benefits to hunting with suppressed firearms,  including: <o:p></o:p>

·          Increased  use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints that are  frequently an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country.   This will protect hunting areas well into the future.<o:p></o:p>

·          Using  a suppressor while hunting will reduce recoil and muzzle rise to help  increase the accuracy of hunters.  More accurate shooting in the field  means fewer wounded and lost animals--a good thing for hunters and wildlife.<o:p></o:p>

·          While  suppressors do not eliminate the sound of a firearm, they do reduce the  muzzle report in a manner similar to the way that a muffler reduces exhaust noise  from a vehicle.  Suppressors simply help to protect against hearing  loss.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you to the Alabama  Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board for voting to  repeal this restriction and allowing hunters to further enjoy the rich tradition  of hunting that Alabama has to offer.<o:p></o:p>

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Now, if the Advisory Board can repeal the night hunting ban for hogs, we'll be in GOOD shape.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Now, if the Advisory Board can repeal the night hunting ban for hogs, we'll be in GOOD shape.
View Quote
QFT

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#14]
In due time, but for now...

http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/hunterresources/articles/fhcontrol.cfm

Word has it Night Vision can be authorized on a case by case basis via Wildlife Damage Permits vs. hogs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#15]
So CAB has recommended legalizing hunting with suppressors. Any idea when we'll know if DCNR legal and regulatory follows the recommendation or what other potential obstacles might still trip us up?
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So CAB has recommended legalizing hunting with suppressors. Any idea when we'll know if DCNR legal and regulatory follows the recommendation or what other potential obstacles might still trip us up?
View Quote

My understanding is that WFF recommended legalizing hunting with silencers and CAB voted unanimously to approve it.  I believe CAB is throne who makes the changes and the y have approved it.  So now we are waiting for the bureaucratic wheels to turn and get this out.  The ASA article says June I think before it may be legal in the field.  Personally I say August/ September when the new hunting regs are distributed and the 2014-2015 season officially opens.  But it could be sooner.  Regardless it appears it will happen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Did you hear something? Hunting with silencers will soon be legal in Alabama

The next hunting season might be a little bit more quiet than the last.

Last week, the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board voted unanimously to allow hunting with silencers in the state.
View Quote

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/05/did_you_hear_something_hunting.html

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I wish they had included what a centerfire rifle really sounds like with a suppressor in that article.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]

762 Specwar in my possession

308 is hearing safe!  Amazing how much fun it is to shoot now!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#22]
From the hunting regs available at your local Walmart or other hunting goods store: " Removed prohibition on suppressed firearms for hunting" :)

Thank you to all who helped, including the American Suppressor Association and everyone else who helped move the culture on this :)

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Thank you Alabama  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Aaaand I just heard my stamp has come in.  So, DNRC won the race vs. ATF.  Either way I call win/win.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Sadly I do not have the time to devote to building a statewide movement for this issue. That said, I felt it would be worth while to start getting some of the issue in front of the PTBs that can affect policy, and see just how much interest there is. Even if it's a handful of people this year, it's no loss if it becomes a larger number next year, and larger the year after, and so on. I 'd like to hope there are enough people interested to lend a hand spreading the word and building momentum, but it will need folks with more time on their hands than I have.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sadly I do not have the time to devote to building a statewide movement for this issue. That said, I felt it would be worth while to start getting some of the issue in front of the PTBs that can affect policy, and see just how much interest there is. Even if it's a handful of people this year, it's no loss if it becomes a larger number next year, and larger the year after, and so on. I 'd like to hope there are enough people interested to lend a hand spreading the word and building momentum, but it will need folks with more time on their hands than I have.
View Quote

It's a done deal.  Hunting with suppressors is legit in the state hunting regs: http://www.eregulations.com/alabama/legal-arms-ammunition-for-hunting/

Instead of full auto and suppressed, it only prohibits full auto now.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top