View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did I miss this thread.

I gotsa lotta read in to do now

Eta: I like your style brother

Quoted:

On a side note, when you're redneck as fuck, and give none of the same, you can have cool furniture.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aXzer9UwCBw/VTRCod4OY3I/AAAAAAAARFQ/pXSP5IiQbj0/s720/image2.JPG

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/trip157/166b0446a6f29b0dd119f8c8c7bd9102_zpsrihhxk5i.jpg

Welcome to the party brother!!

Hell yeah fresh meat!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just to let  you guys know, I used to live down in Tallapoosa county on Lake Martin back in 11-12.

I really liked it down there, all but 280 into Birmingham.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just to let  you guys know, I used to live down in Tallapoosa county on Lake Martin back in 11-12.

View Quote

280 is the devil.

I used to live on Lake Heather for a bit, and it was funny because leaving for work @ 628AM would get you there in 20 minutes.

Leaving at 630AM, and you'd be lucky to get there by 9.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

You moved from Bama to NY.
WTH
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WTH
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTH
I second this.  Much less move from the Dadeville/Alex City side of LM!

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta pay the rent

I'll get better soon
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Garden is taking off.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
looking good.  do you think those tomatoes are going to outgrow the baskets?  

The reason I ask, is that mine did last year and I lost a lot of production.  This year I am weaving them as they grow in a cattle panel.

You may want to break out a wooden stick and tie them up if they begin to get out of hand.

I'm jealous of your peppers... Yours are much farther along than mine.  Tallest ones I have right now are about 8". Its going to be a bit before I get anything from those.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
looking good.  do you think those tomatoes are going to outgrow the baskets?  

The reason I ask, is that mine did last year and I lost a lot of production.  This year I am weaving them as they grow in a cattle panel.

You may want to break out a wooden stick and tie them up if they begin to get out of hand.

I'm jealous of your peppers... Yours are much farther along than mine.  Tallest ones I have right now are about 8". Its going to be a bit before I get anything from those.
View Quote

I bought 6 stakes today. Thanks for the advice!

(yea, they are growing up up up)
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
looks good - I'm building a garden house right now. Then I'll redo the beds. And thanks for the new toy. Looks great downstairs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
looks good - I'm building a garden house right now. Then I'll redo the beds. And thanks for the new toy. Looks great downstairs.
View Quote

Glad I could help!

Lemme know when you're ready for that fancy camera thing. I'd be glad to help set it up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Glad I could help!

Lemme know when you're ready for that fancy camera thing. I'd be glad to help set it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I could help!

Thanks - Will let you know. RM is really handling that. There are some things I'm good at, others not. That project is in the latter category. Right now I'm doing really well at drinking beer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks - Will let you know. RM is really handling that. There are some things I'm good at, others not. That project is in the latter category. Right now I'm doing really well at drinking beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I could help!

Same here!! (drinking!)Meet our newest guard dog.

She's been surrendered back to foster care twice, and the foster lady wanted her to have a "forever home".

Well, we are that home.

She's figuring how her place in the pack, among these two we already have.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You didn't tell me you had a new GSD
View Quote

Just got her about an hour ago!

We weren't sure if she was going to work out, so we had to see how she did with our dogs.

She did great.

She's 4 years old.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We weren't sure if she was going to work out, so we had to see how she did with our dogs.

She did great.

She's 4 years old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You didn't tell me you had a new GSD

She did great.

She's 4 years old.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#18]
She still wants to eat the cats.

They bite back, though (training collar).

(Forgive the mess, we are painting today)
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol... That focus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She still wants to eat the cats.

They bite back, though (training collar).

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/bobjonesar15/Mobile%20Uploads/image1_zps7e1d7cfa.jpg

(Forgive the mess, we are painting today)

Lol... That focus.

So far, I suspect she's smarter than my other two.

She has figured out who the pack leader is (me) and follows me everywhere. When she wants to do something, like eat a cat, she looks up at me, like "please?".

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Cats are just another meal on wheels to her.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Good looking pup.
The garden looks like it's coming along nicely.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good looking pup.
View Quote

Thanks!

You know, despite having done this gardening thing off and on for years now, this year's 12" deep raised beds are on the path of being the best producing and yet smallest space and time consuming production ever.

I'm already scheming on doubling or tripling the number of 4x4 beds, and converting the entire back yard into a huge grow area.  Might even add a tilapia pond and water fall to make it look nice.

Question: What/when do you plan for a winter garden? I planted some collards one year, and the grew from Sept to the following spring, even through snow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#25]
We are getting about 7 eggs a day with our current 10 hens. Plenty for us to eat and sell to pay for feed.

These will be some time before they are laying, but I got the buff orpingtons so they would actually brood.

The squash is literally 6 feet high on the trellis.

Question. I think these are field peas. They look like a bush pea, but I'm wondering if they'll need support. What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I say good call on the Buffs.  Much as I like Red Stars as layers the Buffs have more personality and will actually get broody.  Although, the two issues I had with egg tasting was with the buffs as well so keep an eye on that.

Looks like things are going nicely.  We just had our first batch of green beans come in the other week... For the first time I'd say I actually enjoyed the taste.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I say good call on the Buffs.  Much as I like Red Stars as layers the Buffs have more personality and will actually get broody.  Although, the two issues I had with egg tasting was with the buffs as well so keep an eye on that.

Looks like things are going nicely.  We just had our first batch of green beans come in the other week... For the first time I'd say I actually enjoyed the taste.
View Quote

Tell me more about your egg tasting issues?

I love me some greens. All kinds of greens.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#28]
In two different mixed flocks over the years I've had two different Buffs start pecking a hole in eggs and sampling the contents.  Had to remove each of them from general population.  Could be conicidence, but I keep a close eye on them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks!

You know, despite having done this gardening thing off and on for years now, this year's 12" deep raised beds are on the path of being the best producing and yet smallest space and time consuming production ever.

I'm already scheming on doubling or tripling the number of 4x4 beds, and converting the entire back yard into a huge grow area.  Might even add a tilapia pond and water fall to make it look nice.

Question: What/when do you plan for a winter garden? I planted some collards one year, and the grew from Sept to the following spring, even through snow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good looking pup.

Thanks!

I always used http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0063/ANR-0063.pdf for planning. Tuscan or black kale was always a favorite for fall/winter planting in addition to the usual suspects.

hot link
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I always used http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0063/ANR-0063.pdf for planning. Tuscan or black kale was always a favorite for fall/winter planting in addition to the usual suspects.

hot link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good looking pup.

Thanks!

hot link

Thanks! Looks like I have to get started.

Also, I did end up staking the tomatoes.

Here is my first real week's production.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In two different mixed flocks over the years I've had two different Buffs start pecking a hole in eggs and sampling the contents.  Had to remove each of them from general population.  Could be conicidence, but I keep a close eye on them anymore.
View Quote

Lost two buffs today. Several of the others are sick. Not sure WTF to do.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Are you seeing any dead birds?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are you seeing any dead birds?
View Quote

Negative. Just the two that died in the coop. We had 12, now of the 10 left, probably 4 are sick enough they aren't moving around, and look sleepy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#34]
edit, going to im
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Intestinal parasite.

Killed three so far. Had the vet do a necropsy.

He gave us some medicine to put in the water.

Might lose a few more, but should stem the tide of death.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Apparently, you're supposed to use medicated feed for young birds.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
You learn something new every day.

Glad you got it figured out.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
You might also try adding some true apple cider vinegar to their drinking water.  Use the type that includes the "mother" culture.  Doesn't take a lot (couple tablespoons per gallon) but is also supposed to be great for internal parasites.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You might also try adding some true apple cider vinegar to their drinking water.  Use the type that includes the "mother" culture.  Doesn't take a lot (couple tablespoons per gallon) but is also supposed to be great for internal parasites.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool. Never heard of that!!! I'll do it. It has to be cheaper than a $20 bottle from the vet.

Here is one of the new cages we built for the Flemish Giants we are getting in a few weeks. They are HUGE rabbits.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#41]
What's your thought process on having Flemish Giant rabbits rather than the typical Californians or New Zealands?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What's your thought process on having Flemish Giant rabbits rather than the typical Californians or New Zealands?
View Quote

I'm going to have both. The NZs are probably most ideal for meat in the shortest time period, but I expect the FGs will produce larger volumes. The litters are the same size as the NZs, but the growth time to harvest is probably slower.

Just some variety. I plan to cross breed them as well, until I can find the best time/volume combination.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Going to setup the trellis shortly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
is that duct tape holding the maters up  lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#46]
That's real farming right there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

holy cow

bcauzy you are awesome.  that is getting it done.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

holy cow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

holy cow

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#50]
that's awesome!
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top