Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 3:50:34 PM EDT
Bought a Ruger MKIV Tactical from Buck Shot Sporting Goods for $363.00 + Shipping on 5-12-17

Received a email on May 17 that the estimated ship date of my gun would be 5/23-5/26. Those dates have passed and still nothing.

I have tried Calling ( No Answer), Tried emailing them ( No Real response) just a pre typed email stating facts etc.

They have charged my credit card on 5-17-17 for the gun but I have received nothing. Not even a email saying sorry or why my gun has not shipped. I sent them a final email today stating that if I dont hear anything from them by the end of the week I will be forced to call my credit card  company and file a complaint against them. I do not want to do this.

I was very nice in the email. I am not a dick, the last 15 guns I have bought have all came from the WEB so I am very aware of shipping and handling times and issues. This is actually a surprise mothers day present for my wife. Kinda blew the date dead line tho.

I am hoping that a fellow arfcom member may have some contact with someone at one of these stores and could help me with the issue. All I want is to talk to someone about the issue with my order.

If you can be of some assistance shoot me a PM or Email. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I did not do my home work on them before purchasing from them. I have seen their deals posted so often on SlickGuns I assumed they were GTG. Boy was I wrong.

They did finally respond to my email after I inserted in the Subject heading: last attempt of contact before Credit Card company fraud dept is contacted and BBB.

They sent me a short email back explaining the reason for the delay and they are working on it as fast as they can. I am giving them another week.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my opinion you've given them more than enough time. I know you still want it but the only way that a business that acts like that will understand is when you take your money and go somewhere else.

It is inexcusable for them not to reply to any of your communications or to give you a reason or an update on why the order has been delayed.

Make them understand that they treated you wrong by taking your money and go elsewhere.

As long as people continue to buy from them no matter how they are treated they will continue to act in the same manner that they acted with you.
View Quote
Hard to argue with this
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Told myself giving them until Monday June 5 2017.  

Then the credit company will be called.

If I contact the CC fraud department will they be able to press charges against them? I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Told myself giving them until Monday June 5 2017.  

Then the credit company will be called.

If I contact the CC fraud department will they be able to press charges against them? I sure hope so.
View Quote
Press charges?  Doubtful.   You should be able to get your money back.  

Don't wait until June 5th.  Call today and dispute the charge, tell them what you told us.  There is a window for disputing charges, 60 days maybe, that might be company dependent.  Don't wait.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Press charges?  Doubtful.   You should be able to get your money back.  

Don't wait until June 5th.  Call today and dispute the charge, tell them what you told us.  There is a window for disputing charges, 60 days maybe, that might be company dependent.  Don't wait.
View Quote
Sent them a final email if I dont hear anything by the close of the day I am calling.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I see them from time to time at gunshows... IM if you don't get it resolved
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a busy weekend and Buck Shot Sporting Goods (BSSG) never responded to my final attempt on Friday. I called my credit card company this morning and disputed the charge. The young lady I talked to was very nice. Not a gun person but very open to the situation and took my side on the issue.

I explained to the CC fraud department the details of each email I sent them the date and the limited response / no response from BSSG. She filled the claim said she would credit my account today and that I would receive some paper work in the mail that I needed to fill out and return to them.

In one of the 2 email that BSSG sent me was a long list of FAQs. One of which pertained to the cancellation of orders. They state that a 20% cancellation fee would be applied to all canceled orders. I do not think that is fair when Buck Shot Sporting Goods falsely claimed to have a item instock when they never had such item. They took my money and tried to get the item to ship from their distributor and their dist did not have it.

In my cancellation email I explained this to BSSG and ask that they not charge me this 20% fee.

The girl at credit card company said that we will fight it if they try. She even laughed at the claim on their FAQ page. She said they can try to claim that 20% fee but we can just keep disputing it until they get tired and give up. So if BSSG wants to go down that road we will.

I just hope that this thread is found by our ARFCOM brothers & sisters who do a search on this gun shop before they make a purchase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top