Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2017 10:56:14 PM EDT
Meeting with our realtor tomorrow with the hope of listing our house beginning of March

Lord willing we will be in nw indiana shortly after

I saw the other thread about how to apply but I'm also curious what I need to know in general

Help a gun loving illinoisan find refuge in your far superior state
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf[url=http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf]

Probably as good a place to start as any.[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Moved from Illinois to Indiana myself and couldn't be happier. The strange thing after I moved was to go into a gun store see something you like and take it home with you the same day. Background check but no crazy waiting periods. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm getting excited. You brought a smile to my face.

Where did you move to?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Moved from Illinois to Indiana myself and couldn't be happier. The strange thing after I moved was to go into a gun store see something you like and take it home with you the same day. Background check but no crazy waiting periods. Good luck.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
There are lots of great places in Indiana. I spent many weekends scouting different areas. Then I spent many more weekends looking at homes in those areas. Good luck, I'm sure you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I moved here from IL too, it was the best decision I ever made.

Quick rundown -

Lifetime CC permit with no classes.

Very few restrictions on where you can carry, for instance, carrying in bars or even intoxicated is permitted.

Posted No Firearms signs do not carry the weight of law.

You do not have a duty to inform police of firearm if you're stopped.

Castle Doctrine is rock solid.

The permit is a Carry permit, not CC, so open carry is fine if you're into that sort of thing.

I firmly believe IN has the best carry laws in the country. I don't think you'll find the above combination of freedoms in any other state.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Moved to Indiana in October 16 from south burbs of Chiraq. Permit (license to carry) process was refreshingly simple. After we (wife and I) did final step at local PD had our permits literally within 4 days.

The whole move was well worth it. Lower taxes, friendlier people. Even the BMV was pleasant to deal with.

I'm sure that every area has its share of issues but we haven't had any yet (knock on wood). Kind of nice walking out on the deck and hearing people shooting and not having to duck for cover.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#7]
submit fingerprints electronically. speeds up the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top