Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 1:25:56 PM EDT
Republican candidate for governor Eric Holcomb appeared at the Indianapolis 1500 on Saturday at a campaign table loaded with precision guns, including a 308 AR and a .50 cal.  I shook hands and thanked him for coming out, I don't know the last time a potential Governor came out to the show.  After me he bent nearly 90 degrees over to hug a short black woman wearing a Ruger shirt.  There weren't too many people lining up to see him, bit of a shame, but Holcomb isn't the best known politician in the state, being an insider until this year.  Holcomb is in a tight race with Gregg, who has a significant money advantage.

I spoke the state trooper with him, he was pretty chill and enthusiastic about Holcomb.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
From the little I have seen of him I plan on voting for him this fall. Was not able to make it to the 1500, but seeing that he was there solidifies my vote.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I recall seeing Chris Chocola at a Crown Point show back in the late 1990's.  other than that, it's normally local polititcians, especially when a county sheriff is up for re-election.

Strangest venue I've seen a politician campaign in was at a LAN gaming party.  The guy brought a group of players with him to the party.  They helped sponsor the event and hung banners.  After while, you'd hear others asking who's going by the name of "Ken for township supervisor" in the game.  He wasn't much of a gamer, but he was a good sport.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was deleting pics from my phone and looked closer at the little sign by the clipboard, it reads: "enter to win a gun safety class with NRA instructor Janet Holcomb, wife of Lt. Governor Holcomb ".  Cool, wish I had.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top