Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2016 5:47:46 PM EDT
Scoobie is a tall, lean Shepherd /hound mix that I've had for almost a year. I posted him a couple of times but never pushed him probably because he was so easy to have around.

Welll... after months of secret meetings his release has been negotiated. He is going to JAFFE in Texas, the FT Hood area.

Scoobie's great in the car. He ride loose with me, no worries. He's good with people kids, dogs and has no prey drive. Gentle, house broke and affectionate he makes an excellent rider.

If anyone from this area is heading to Texas anytime in the future please let us know. Anyone along the route that can pick up a leg also let us know.

Old pics.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Re-post of info from the GD thread...

I had planned on being able to make the trip myself if I got a dog from
joker, but the past few months have been painful (literally) for me with
regards to traveling.  So, I need as much help as possible with getting
Scoobie here.  Since I had the money set aside for the trip, I can help
significantly for anyone willing to help out.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Suggestion, go sign up on the pilots and paws website and enter a transport request. This is all provided free of charge by the network of pilots and volunteers, and it normally doesn't take long at all to get enough legs for cross country air transport of rescue and shelter dogs.

You can find them here: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Suggestion, go sign up on the pilots and paws website and enter a transport request. This is all provided free of charge by the network of pilots and volunteers, and it normally doesn't take long at all to get enough legs for cross country air transport of rescue and shelter dogs.

You can find them here: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/
View Quote

Thanks for that link!

edit - I see they request rescues who can tolerate ground transport use vehicles instead of the flights.  From what I understand, Scoobie has been traveling well.  Still a good link for joker to have if needed.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Speaking as a guy whose from Houston TX area, and not sure of linguistics.  I'm ready to to get Scoobie to his forever home.  Hoping someone will help out and help me out On shortening my Trip.  

Please contact Joker if you're willing to help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top