Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 9:32:48 PM EDT
Hi, I'm thinking of moving to Warsaw.  Can you tell me what the area is like?  And I may apply to Zimmer, Inc., any info on that company?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Warsaw is kind of a small town that grew up fast with all the medical mfg that is there.It's a mix of people from high end folks with lot's of money down by the lakes , to the average country type of worker. So to kind of sum things up you can drive past a trailer and it will have two $40k trucks sitting in front of it.

Zimmer and Biomet and all the others seem to be very good companies and a few people I knew that worked there had been there for years. I get emails from recruiters for jobs in that area, but its a bit of a drive for me.

It's not a bad area and you are within driving distances to South Bend and FT wayne if you want to do something else.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Warsaw. I like to describe it as a small town with a big town feel.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
As an outside contractor that has worked at the Zimmer facility for over 25 years it is a good place to work mostly.  After the recent merger of Zimnmer and Biomet making it Zimmer Biomet things have been in a state of flux which can be good or bad.  As the aforementioned contractor we have never been so busy with changes, as the general worker, people are retiring as fast as they can arrange it to get out while they can, lots of new faces and procedures, some good, some bad, still probably one of the highest paying places in Warsaw.  Warsaw is very community oriented, a lot of parks programs and charity work, neighboring Winona lake has the Grace College Seminary, a lot of churches in the area for the size of the area.  Still a farming area as well, big 4-H fair, lots of farm business's and promotions.

There are some gun ranges local to Warsaw, Kosko Conservation and Sportsman, a strictly shotgun oriented gun club with skeet, international skeet, trap, and sporting clays ranges and a large youth shooting membership. Warsaw Rifle and Pistol club, and there is a cowboy action club west of town that is Cutter's Raiders, where they hold state and some national blackpowder cowboy shoots
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top