Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2016 10:10:32 PM EDT
Looking for people to ride and/or places to ride.  Bought a 2013 Polaris 800 S side-by-side to have some good father-son time with my 7 year old son.  He's not ready to go shooting yet, but the couple of times we've been out, we've had a good time.  Went to Haspin Acres about a month ago, and went to Redbird SRA Sunday.  Followed a Grand Cherokee on 33's or 35's and a Polaris Ace 570 down a bit of the "orange" trail at Haspin the first time out until a busted radiator hose on the Cherokee sent them both back to camp for repairs.  Couple of real nice guys.  One even gave my son a pair of safety glasses as we hadn't bought goggles yet.  Great experience at Redbird too.  Clean, well maintained trails, and a great, helpful, and friendly staff (thanks Tom, Rick, and Rick!).  Haven't seen such a good use of my tax dollars in a while!  Two hour from home and totally worth the drive.  First class!

Anyway, I'd like to try to find some good guys to ride with.  A small group of 2-5 machines is fine, but a larger group outing would be great too  Safer and often more fun than riding alone.  Mild to moderately difficult trails are cool.  Machine is a utv and not a submarine, so it's not snorkeled.  Don't mind a challenge, but not trying to wreck an expensive (for me) machine.  Son would probably stop riding with me if we barrel rolled down a huge drop off, but he still enjoys going fast and taking jumps bigger than advisable.  I like all types of terrain/trails myself.  I drink, but not while I'm driving, road or trail.  Most places have rules against it anyway.  Have a winch, strap, and other recovery gear.  Trails must accomodate a 60" wide machine.  I live in Greenfield, but driving an hour or two is no problem, maybe even three occasionally.  I work a 2-2-3 7 PM-7 AM schedule, and Sundays are best for being awake during the day and not having to take off work.  Saturday evenings could work too if the drive isn't bad.  Doesn't need to be an all day thing.  Son is good going out for 2-3 hours or so with a break for lunch or whatever somewhere in there.  If it's just me, I can ride longer.  If you're going out and would like some company, or if you want me to holler at you to let you know when/where I'm going out, just send me an e-mail.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I ride a little bit around Haspin but thats about it. Doesnt seem to be too many places to go in IN.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Try The Badlands Off Road Park in Attica IN.  A very fun place for this kind of riding.

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top