Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 2:53:41 PM EDT
Looking to move to nw indiana from il for obvious reasons

Seems that so far IN residents can't get an IL permit. Is there any movement on this front? Seems like a load of shit
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard/read something along these lines this past summer I think.

As I understand an Ind. resident with a Ind. license can actually carry now in IL. legally until IL. get's a "handle" on all the need to do.

I recall an IL. resident saying that Ind. has it better in IL. than an IL. resident !

I don't think Ind. can do anything until IL. catch's up with permits, training or whatever else needs to be done and then talk to Ind. on reciprocity.

Don't take what I said as "law" I may have had a dream ! LOL

I do know that last year I went to AZ. with a travel trailer and contacted every state as to being legal with a firearm in my vehicle.... no problem.

Should you find an answer, please post so we all may know.

Hope this helps somehow

Just curious, why the concern if your leaving IL. any way ?    No disrespect.... little humor  
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just curious, why the concern if your leaving IL. any way ?    No disrespect.... little humor  
View Quote

Unfortunately work, family and faith all keep me tied to IL. Otherwise I'd be content never going back
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking to move to nw indiana from il for obvious reasons

Seems that so far IN residents can't get an IL permit. Is there any movement on this front? Seems like a load of shit
View Quote

Indiana concealed carry license holder can have a loaded handgun in the vehicle but are not permitted to carry concealed in public out side their vehicle.  Hopefully this will eventually be changed but at this time this is what out of state CCL holders have to abide by while in Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#5]
He is correct
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very interesting....

How sure are you regarding the part in red?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indiana concealed carry license holder can have a loaded handgun in the vehicle but are not permitted to carry concealed in public out side their vehicle.  Hopefully this will eventually be changed but at this time this is what out of state CCL holders have to abide by while in Illinois.
Very interesting....

It's pretty widely known at this point that what he said is correct. How sure does he need to be? Does he need to provide case-law that upholds the law that states so? If so, I don't believe there is any case-law dealing with this yet but as the IL law is written it is legal for an IN resident with IN LTCH to carry inside of their vehicle. If they get out of the vehicle they must leave the gun locked inside.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's pretty widely known at this point that what he said is correct. How sure does he need to be? Does he need to provide case-law that upholds the law that states so? If so, I don't believe there is any case-law dealing with this yet but as the IL law is written it is legal for an IN resident with IN LTCH to carry inside of their vehicle. If they get out of the vehicle they must leave the gun locked inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interesting....

From USACarry.com

Illinois allows residents of other states carry a concealed firearm in their vehicle if they are can legally carry a firearm in public under the laws of their state or territory of residence and are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top