Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2016 2:36:40 PM EDT
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/05/bill-would-repeal-state-law-requiring-license-carry-handgun/78301512/
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/05/bill-would-repeal-state-law-requiring-license-carry-handgun/78301512/
View Quote

Sorry, my "make it hot" skills are lacking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I am a jerk to point this out but we don't have a CCW, we have a LTCH.  Very different especially when you consider other states laws
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
While this does look good I have some misgivings about it.  It would eliminate our ability to carry in a lot of other states.  I also have a Utah license but even with that one I would lose the states that require a resident permit.  The one of those that would be a big factor for me is Michigan.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was thinking about the very same thing when I was ready a story on it.

I too travel a lot to Michigan and I don't want to lose my ability to carry when there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While this does look good I have some misgivings about it.  It would eliminate our ability to carry in a lot of other states. I also have a Utah license but even with that one I would lose the states that require a resident permit.  The one of those that would be a big factor for me is Michigan.

I too travel a lot to Michigan and I don't want to lose my ability to carry when there.

How so? Most of us already have lifetime permits which are good to go and the license will still be available for those who want to pay to get one. When I lived in Alaska they had constitutional carry meaning no CCW license needed to carry BUT you could still get one free reprocity abd NICS exempt purchases.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a jerk to point this out but we don't have a CCW, we have a LTCH.  Very different especially when you consider other states laws
View Quote

Not being a jerk at all, just a stickler at terminology.  In Michigan a concealed pistol license is a CPL.  CCW is what you get nailed for without a license or permit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Could care less about whether or not other states recognize it or not. If we could get it passed and more states did likewise, eventually you wouldn't need to have a "permit" to exercise a right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not being a jerk at all, just a stickler at terminology.  In Michigan a concealed pistol license is a CPL.  CCW is what you get nailed for without a license or permit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So our IN license isn't any good in Michigan? This shit is confusing but I guess that's what the libs want.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So our IN license isn't any good in Michigan? This shit is confusing but I guess that's what the libs want.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indiana LTCH is recognized in Michigan.

They are debating semantics of the acronyms.

Shortly they will move on to clips and magazines.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The reason I point out the difference is that Indiana is a License To Carry a Handgun... No need for concealed...I am not here to debate whether one should open carry or conceal, just that Indiana allows both with the LTCH.
No semantics when it comes to facts.
So, as other posters pointed out, Indiana laws enforce the out of state permit/license holders' states' laws.  So, if that state issues a concealed carry license/permit then the visiting out of state individual must carry concealed.

Quoted:
Indiana LTCH is recognized in Michigan.http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indiana LTCH is recognized in Michigan.http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The reason I point out the difference is that Indiana is a License To Carry a Handgun... No need for concealed...I am not here to debate whether one should open carry or conceal, just that Indiana allows both with the LTCH.
So, as other posters pointed out, Indiana laws enforce the out of state permit/license holders' states' laws.  So, if that state issues a concealed carry license/permit then the visiting out of state individual must carry concealed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you both for the clarification.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While this does look good I have some misgivings about it.  It would eliminate our ability to carry in a lot of other states. I also have a Utah license but even with that one I would lose the states that require a resident permit.  The one of those that would be a big factor for me is Michigan.

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2016/bills/house/1056
Handgun license repeal and reciprocity licenses. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Specifies that a person who may otherwise legally carry a handgun is not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana. Makes conforming amendments. Allows a resident of Indiana who wishes to carry a firearm in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain an Indiana firearms reciprocity license from the superintendent of the state police department
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Handgun license repeal and reciprocity licenses. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Specifies that a person who may otherwise legally carry a handgun is not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Indiana. Makes conforming amendments. Allows a resident of Indiana who wishes to carry a firearm in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain an Indiana firearms reciprocity license from the superintendent of the state police department
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would this reciprocity license be a new thing or what we already have?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our current license according to Jim Lucas.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't find the actual verbage of the bill other than the digest and synopsis...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top