Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2015 10:46:31 AM EDT
Guys,
 I'm going to be in Indy at the speedway Nov 8-12.  Anything good to eat and areas to stay away from?  Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

St. Elmo's Steak house. You like shrimp cocktail? If so get it before you get your steak.

Other than that, I can't help you.
View Quote
It's good.  I thought the shrimp cocktail at Prime 47 was better (albeit a copy) and the steak may have been a little better too.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from the east side. Very target rich environment.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife wants to go to St Elmos again, that cocktail sauce is something else.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
St. Elmo's Steak house. You like shrimp cocktail? If so get it before you get your steak.

Other than that, I can't help you.
View Quote

Love steak and shrimp thanks for the reply

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Roger that. I live in Atlanta so I assume it's same same.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
West side - Lafayette Square area is not good now either.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Downtown isn't bad, near north side and everything east is a shithole. Stay downtown or out in the burbs. Brownsburg or Avon isn't bad and is close to Speedway
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Another Georgia guy chiming in...

I'll be in Indianapolis next week.  I'm staying across the street from the convention center.  I won't have a car so I won't be straying very far from that area.  Other than the Soldiers and Sailors monument is there anything else within walking distance worth checking out?

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
If you like the blues, google "The Slippery Noodle Inn". The Scottish Rite Cathedral is pretty cool, but I don't know about walking distance. As mentioned, St. Elmos (take lot's of money), they are renowned for their shrimp cocktail sauce. Downtown Indy, like most cities now, has it's share of homeless people.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
More fine dining. LINK
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you like the blues, google "The Slippery Noodle Inn". The Scottish Rite Cathedral is pretty cool, but I don't know about walking distance. As mentioned, St. Elmos (take lot's of money), they are renowned for their shrimp cocktail sauce. Downtown Indy, like most cities now, has it's share of homeless people.
View Quote

I'd already heard of The Noodle.  Sounds like a cool place.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
More fine dining. LINK
View Quote

We have a Fogo in Atlanta I've been to a few times.  I always leave miserable but I guess that's the point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a cool place. What other bar can you visit and see bullet holes in the wall fired by John Dillinger?  From the Noodle's website:

"The "Inn" has been used in all types of activities. In the Civil War years it was a way station for the Underground Railroad. Later years saw a bordello open in the once luxurious Inn. It remained open until 1953 when a patron was killed. Two customers of the bordello got into an argument over one of the women, one killing the other and leaving the bloody knife on the bar. During Prohibition the Brady & Dillinger gangs used the building in back, originally built as a horse stable for the Inn, for target practice. Several of the slugs remain embedded in the lower east wall. In addition to liquor and beer being distilled in the building, cattle and swine were slaughtered and butchered in the basement. The meat hooks and water lines can still be found in the basement."
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top