Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2015 4:59:54 AM EDT
Hi everyone I bought a home in Winamac. I am finishing things in NJ before I can sell and move so I am making random trips out when possible. My grandparents lived out that way back when we moved from Merrillville to NJ in 1981. Anyway what are important things to know out that way.  I am not far from the Winamac RMD area. It seems they have a range. Local gun shops ?  How is Rural King in Logansport ? I briefly stopped in last trip out and was pleasantly surprised. I have a few acres now out in the cornfields and meet most of my neighbors. They are watching my place while I'm away.  I am so happy to finally say theres fewer days ahead in NJ than behind. Thanks -Brian
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay away from the ditch weed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been through Winamac in at least 10-15 years.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome back
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Aint much there so I don't know what you could know. Takes about three minutes to drive through town. My wife is from there and we go there quite  a bit. It's a good community, just small....REALL, REALLY SMALL. ...
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife is from Logansport , so rural king and there is another small shop that is heavy on reloading there also. Dont expect much as in " this shop is awesome" think more like dirty old gas station with some reloading stuff in it.

The range in Winamac is pretty nice , but there is not much around there honestly as far as community.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
It's short drive to Rensselaer from Winamac on 14. Jerry's in town has the best prices anywhere. Carries a few ar's and some powder and bullets. Ammo supply is good not great. he has 22's but not many, usually 2 box limit
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's short drive to Rensselaer from Winamac on 14. Jerry's in town has the best prices anywhere. Carries a few ar's and some powder and bullets. Ammo supply is good not great. he has 22's but not many, usually 2 box limit
View Quote
He's a bit gruff if you're not a regular, but really is a decent guy and has very fair prices.  Don't listen to the fat bearded grumbly man or the old guy that sits in there with him all day.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
We live south of there in Delphi, and I visit my wife on occasion at her job.  JK Deli on the way to Knox is a descent ethnic market,lots of Polish  meats, soups and sweets.  As far to do, hope you like quiet!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The range north of Winamac is one of the nicest public ranges I've been too. Almost always completely empty, and very clean.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the kind words and comments.  I have been to my house 2 times in this initial posting. I was scratching my head on the ditch weed.  A local stopped by one early evening when I was cutting my grass he was in a Ford Flatbed. He gave me the run down on the ditch weed. I was laughing after that one. Anyway my former bank home now has grid power and a working well. It is well groomed and standing taller after every trip out.  My neighbors are all good people and are watching my place while I am away.  Cant wait to return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top