Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2015 4:35:34 PM EDT
I am posting the following to help promote this project.

"GREENFIELD, Ind. (July 22, 2015)– A central Indiana man is on a mission to put a face to every Hoosier hero killed in the Vietnam War.
There are about 1,500 Hoosiers named in an online memorial called "The Wall of Faces". However, some don’t have a picture.
Over the years, and with help, retired U.S. Air Force veteran Dave Hine of Greenfield has been able to find many of the faceless veterans. Now there are only about 65 names left without pictures."

The Wall of Faces is part of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial's official vvmf.org site.  I too would like to see this project succeed.  If you think you, or someone you know, may have a photo of someone listed on the memorial, I ask you to follow up on it.  Even if you cannot help that way, Hine created a Facebook page to help spread the word and you can help in this manner.

The full story and list of names needing photos can be seen at

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/07/22/indiana-veteran-searching-for-pictures-of-vets-killed-in-vietnam-for-memorial/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top