Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2015 9:42:22 AM EDT
Hello everybody ,

Me & the wife are staying right across shakamak state park on 48. We got here Sunday & will be leaving Saturday/Sunday. Hiked some trails in the state park which was really nice & will be enjoying the waterpark one of these days aswell. We did some casting in the lakes here but no luck. It's still early in our trip so we would like to explore other areas to fish. We are novice fishing people but we both enjoy being out there & trying.

Any places out here within close drive time that we can enjoy , we got our permits/license to fish in IN so we would really appreciate some input on places. Nothing which would involve a lot of drive time.

Thanks neighbors , Pep
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to a few places today. Midland , Sullivan forest  but nothing really friendly for people with out a boat.

Gonna try again tomorrow after some research. If anyone has any suggestions for some pier , bank fishing please let me know. I wanna enjoy some fishing with the warden.

Thanks , Pep
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I usually have luck fishing all the lakes at Shalamak from a boat and the docks.   The rain might have made it to muddy to fish.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Got some pretty nice size bass today @ shakamak. Rookie that got alittle to excited every time one was on the line.

Gear ,
Emmrods pack rods , abu black max bait casting reels , 10lb mono using kastmaster lures & the old trusted night crawlers.
We will be hitting it again tomorrow am & maybe renting one of their john boats

Thanks for the replies , appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top