Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The Beef House in Covinton is pretty awesome.  

Hickory Pit Stop in old town Evansville has awesome ribs.  When we drive through there in the winter we pickup several pound to go.  It's near Bossy Park,  the place where parts of the movie 'A League of Their Own' was filmed.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I rarely come in the hometown section anymore as there is so little traffic.

So good eats huh.

SB Brew works has a great breakfast, the wife loves their gourmet coffee. They also have a decent lunch dinner menu that is a little more foodie-ish

Mitch's second base has a great burger if the Gal is cooking

The view was voted best burger

I will second the MACADO'S for a great breakfast if you an get in.

Mazatlán - Mexican food is great

Flamingos - cheap Mexican in a slightly shady part of town , but good food. Its in the market on Main.

Frankies Ribs on Washington - nothing says great ribs like ordering through bullet proof glass. I took my daughter and a few GF's there and they were freaking out!  Though I will say they have been rather hit or miss lately depending on how drunk the staff is.

ZING/ WOOCHIE - For Japanese , but that might be too nice for a dive type of run.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I rarely come in the hometown section anymore as there is so little traffic.

So good eats huh.

SB Brew works has a great breakfast, the wife loves their gourmet coffee. They also have a decent lunch dinner menu that is a little more foodie-ish

Mitch's second base has a great burger if the Gal is cooking

The view was voted best burger

I will second the MACADO'S for a great breakfast if you an get in.

Mazatlán - Mexican food is great

Flamingos - cheap Mexican in a slightly shady part of town , but good food. Its in the market on Main.

Frankies Ribs on Washington - nothing says great ribs like ordering through bullet proof glass. I took my daughter and a few GF's there and they were freaking out!  Though I will say they have been rather hit or miss lately depending on how drunk the staff is.

ZING/ WOOCHIE - For Japanese , but that might be too nice for a dive type of run.

View Quote

SB/Mishawaka

Rocco's Pizza

Evil Czech's Sunday brunch is awesome so is the Lightning lunch.

Temper Grille for dinner

Elkhart

Lucchese's has a great lunch and dinner  

Flippin Cow for burgers

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hickory Hills BBQ on US31 in Edinburgh, anything there is good.

Zwanzigs Pizza on 10th street in Columbus, it is addictive.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Faye's Northside Cafe
506 North Main Street,Tipton - about a block south of the railroad depot.
Just Hoosier comfort food but it's hard to beat. Breakfast and lunch only, closes at 2 PM and closed on Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The German Café in French Lick.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The Brick in Jonesville, Indiana

Basically: Bottle Beer, Good Cheeseburgers and Chili.

Apna Kitchen, authentic Indian (India) food buffet.  Great food, but spicy.  Columbus.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Faye's Northside Cafe

Just Hoosier comfort food but it's hard to beat. Breakfast and lunch only, closes at 2 PM and closed on Sunday.
View Quote
That place is the definition of a dive. Great food though. As much as I hate driving to Tipton for work, I look forward to going to Faye's.

First time we went there it was cold out and she yelled at us for not shutting the door fast enough.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Brick in Jonesville, Indiana

Basically: Bottle Beer, Good Cheeseburgers and Chili.

Apna Kitchen, authentic Indian (India) food buffet.  Great food, but spicy.  Columbus.
View Quote

^ this, The Brick really is good, Apna is the best place anywhere  around the Columbus area though (even if you don't think you'd like Indian, try it during the buffet). Also wanted to add that Shorty's here in Columbus is the quintessential 'dive', but their food (tenderloins in particular) is amazing. Also the Crowbar in Trafalgar has some great food for a little nowhere bar.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ever been to Athens Restaurant in the same plaza in Franklin as Mi Pueblo?

FedEx just misdelivered a case of 9mm there for me.  The owner(I presume) called and let me know.  Looks like a decent little lunchtime crowd and I might have to check it out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything good between Greenwood and Edinburgh?

Ever been to Athens Restaurant in the same plaza in Franklin as Mi Pueblo?

FedEx just misdelivered a case of 9mm there for me.  The owner(I presume) called and let me know.  Looks like a decent little lunchtime crowd and I might have to check it out.

Yup, good food!  Kinda divey but good.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Kunkel's in Connersville. Chicken sammiches are good. The place has been there forever. Don't mind the zombies asleep in the car next to you. They will wake up from their dope nap, if they are not dead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody tried 444 bar and grill in Miller/Gary?
http://www.444grill.com/

Wife is excited but I'm wondering if three mags is enough.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Bunch of jerks.

never been
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Miller is nice, in fact I'm fairly certain the great actor Art Lefleur lives there. But it's kind of surrounded by Gary.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Morgan Co:............ummmmm...........errr............I got nothin'
View Quote

Then you need to get down to Paragon and try Tomato Pie. Great fresh pizza and sandwiches. And some of the best breadsticks around.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#17]

I don't remember which burger I got but it was so big (4 half pound patties) that I flipped the top half off and held it upside down so the bun would be on the bottom while I ate it then ate the bottom half.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't remember which burger I got but it was so big (4 half pound patties) that I flipped the top half off and held it upside down so the bun would be on the bottom while I ate it then ate the bottom half.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The risk taker?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The risk taker?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The risk taker?

I don't remember, it was more like a fat ass maker!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow, that sounds like overkill.  I can't wait til the weather improves and the little seasonal burger /malt shops open back up.  I've had some of the best burgers from little hole in the wall drive-ins.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That place is the definition of a dive. Great food though. As much as I hate driving to Tipton for work, I look forward to going to Faye's.
First time we went there it was cold out and she yelled at us for not shutting the door fast enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Faye's Northside Cafe

That was probably Theresa, the daughter of the owner. She gives the place that "just like home" feeling.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top