Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:44:08 PM EDT
80 new HIV cases due to IV drug use.  The Governor has declared a state of emergency.  A Temporary needle exchange program, free HIV screenings and the CDC is here

Were number one and on the first page of USA today and the FL paper I saw this week in Sarasota
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Sharing dirty needles. I bet Hepatitis C infection rate is exploding too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Its not just the needles. There are lots of working girls down there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but if we just legalize all drugs, everyone will make a lot of money and we'll all live in a complete utopia!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
80 new HIV cases due to IV drug use.  The Governor has declared a state of emergency.  A Temporary needle exchange program, free HIV screenings and the CDC is here

Were number one and on the first page of USA today and the FL paper I saw this week in Sarasota
View Quote

80 new cases in what time frame?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This article from a Louisville new station says it was 42 since December.  WHAS11
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Short.  Usually 5 new cases per year.  These are all since the new year I believe.  I'm really hoping that media outlets currently reporting on the situation will be able to come back in the future and report on a success story.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its not just the needles. There are lots of working girls down there.
View Quote

Austin is full of whores.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Something needs to be done to clean up the drug problem down there.  I have no idea what the answer is.
View Quote

The drug problem in Austin is deeply rooted in Appalachian culture/mindset. I don't think law enforcement has the 100% solution.  Whatever the answer is, it's going to take some time to completely break the cycle, and it's some blend of law enforcement, education, and medical intervention.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The drug problem in Austin is deeply rooted in Appalachian culture/mindset. I don't think law enforcement has the 100% solution.  Whatever the answer is, it's going to take some time to completely break the cycle, and it's some blend of law enforcement, education, and medical intervention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something needs to be done to clean up the drug problem down there.  I have no idea what the answer is.

FUBAR takes along time to unfuck.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Scott County is world unto itself!  UCLA Upper Crotherville Lower Austin! Meth!It's what's for dinner !

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem in Scott County starts with the cops, and the fact that it's full of Eastern Kentuckians. Quite a few Austin PD and Scott Co. Sheriff's deputies are receiving "supplemental" income.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The problem in Scott County starts with the cops, and the fact that it's full of Eastern Kentuckians. Quite a few Austin PD and Scott Co. Sheriff's deputies are receiving "supplemental" income.
View Quote

So the local police are holding these people down and injecting them with Opana??
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So the local police are holding these people down and injecting them with Opana??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it was on in the interweb, it has to be true.  I have never even heard a rumor of corrupt cops in Scott County.  I grew up in  a cop family in Oklahoma and I knew bunches of dirty cops there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Over 140 cases now  so does that mean there are 1400 that are undiagnosed?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say it's well into the hundreds of cases.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say thousands of latent cases.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was being conservative.  You're probably right, sadly. I'm sure there are a lot of people up there who don't even care enough to even get tested.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

'Paging Mr. Darwin.  Mr. Darwin, please come to the white courtesy phone.'
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's really sad.  Are most of these kids/young adults?  

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a call into the public health nurse and will post the answer.  I am guessing 18-28 year olds will make most of this demographic.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#22]
According to the Scott Co. Health Dept. there are 160 active cases related to the needle sharing.  The feds at CDC Atlanta are here and doing the majority of the investigations.

All positives must list needle partners and sexual partners.  There was an initial list of over 500 people to find and only a few remain.  I could not get an answer on a potential ratio of infected to latent outliers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Demographics 19-59 so it is an equal opportunity killer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Close to 180 now.  Shit I went to the VA clinic and they are pushing 100% testing for HIV and hepatitis.  I asked and only one veteran was positive so far.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:10:15 AM EDT
[#25]

I feel bad for those people.  Mostly the young ones who were just too stupid to know any better...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top