Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2015 6:02:19 PM EDT
Well gentlemen, it looks like I will be moving to Fort Wayne in the next several weeks to start a new job. IN seems to have a couple less gun laws and taxes than CT so that seems fair. I have a couple of ARs and handguns that I will be breaking out of storage in VA. It looks like sporting mufflers are good to go as well.

Is there anywhere to shoot at things far away?
Is the CCW process difficult? Training required?

Anyways, I'm excited for the move and any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hillside in Roanoke has a 1000yd range, but you are limited to the 300yd range until you qualify for the longer ranges.

CCW is easy. We have lifetime permits.  Just have to get finger printed and send some paperwork in and I think around $125-$150. No training requirements.

What part of town are you moving to?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hillside in Roanoke has a 1000yd range, but you are limited to the 300yd range until you qualify for the longer ranges.

CCW is easy. We have lifetime permits.  Just have to get finger printed and send some paperwork in and I think around $125-$150. No training requirements.

What part of town are you moving to?
View Quote

Looking to move to the west north-west part of town because I will be commuting from that direction. We are going to do the rental/apartment thing for a year, then look to buy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillside is awesome.  Fort Wayne is really a great place to live and raise a family.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hillside is awesome.  Fort Wayne is really a great place to live and raise a family.
View Quote

I'm actually getting excited about Hillside. Is there anything weird about joining? $250 seems like a steal for the facilities.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm actually getting excited about Hillside. Is there anything weird about joining? $250 seems like a steal for the facilities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I'm not really into the place. They wouldn't let me shoot my MG's there or rifle calibers on the pistol range and they were weird about shooting .50 BMG. I'm a member at Blue Creek in Decatur, only $20/year for membership. They've got a 50, 100, 200 and shotgun range. If you're interested let me know and I can bring you out with me so you can check it out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know of any apartments that allow firearms (or do not prohibit firearms) in Fort Wayne?

On the flip side, does anyone know of firearm storage in the area?

Thanks.

Apartment life for one year is going to suck..
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
No it's pretty straight forward, the only thing is that if you buy the guest pass to try the range you have to leave your license. You'll will also have to drive to the range after you pay for the pass. So, get the membership then you can drive straight to range from home.  It's not bad, it's only about a mile down the road. Going again this weekend with the oldest two.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not rent a house?  I did on the North side when I moved here a few years ago.  I can put you in touch with a lady who is a realtor and does rental management.  North side will cost more, stay out of the south side unless you go way south.

Brick
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]
South side, yes stay away from, southwest is pretty nice, mirrors north side of town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top