Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 9:57:35 AM EDT
Looking at purchasing a pistol from a guy through EE and would need an FFL for an out of state transfer. Last time I needed an FFL for a transfer (Bud's gun shop purchase) I used a company in Warsaw that was a joke - and expensive.

Any suggestions for north-central IN? I live west 1/2 hr west of Ft. Wayne, work in Indy, but would travel an hour in most any direction for a good person/company.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunbroker has a list of local FFL's that do transfers and their cost. Look at that and find the closest one to you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Frank's Sport shop just east of Bluffton... last time I got a transfer there (admittedly it's been at least 3 years now) it was $15 for 1, $5 extra for each one after that (on the same form).

I'll IM more details...
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought Kodiak was $20 and On Target  $20 also in the SB area.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses.

I've done the Gunbroker/Bud's "recommended" FFL route, and came out of the experience much less than satisfied. My hope in posting here was to find a FFL that I could do business with for foreseeable future, as recommeded by someone that has had good dealings with them.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You could try ZX Gun, they have locations in Goshen and Fort Wayne.

I purchase a lot of my stuff through their Goshen store and have had good experiences.  Also transferred my MP5 though them that I bought from DJ Getz.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top