Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 8:34:43 PM EDT
I currently own two pistols and one AR15, all registered in Michigan. I am going back to college here in a few days and was wondering if I am allowed to bring my guns into Indiana. I won't be carrying either pistol and I won't be hunting with the AR. I would just be shooting at local ranges or at a friends private property. Thanks in advance for any information provided.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I currently own two pistols and one AR15, all registered in Michigan. I am going back to college here in a few days and was wondering if I am allowed to bring my guns into Indiana. I won't be carrying either pistol and I won't be hunting with the AR. I would just be shooting at local ranges or at a friends private property. Thanks in advance for any information provided.

View Quote
No problem. You no longer have to have a LTCH to shoot your handguns at a range.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
registered?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

registered?
View Quote
Yep, MI has handgun registration.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Only real thing to watch is keeping the handgun in the trunk unless you have an accepted permit.

No registration, longarms are unregulated at state-level, don't have to inform at a traffic stop, private property outside city limits is fine for shooting if you ave an adequate backstop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top