Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2014 8:39:18 PM EDT
I did some trading at a gun store and got two new guns when the guy called in the paperwork he said I got flagged but I'm good to go. What's that mean?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]

I dont know how true it is but ive been told by two different people that if you buy more than one gun per month you get put on a special list.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dont know how true it is but ive been told by two different people that if you buy more than one gun per month you get put on a special list.
View Quote

Great! Something els to feed my paranoid mind about the ATF.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wish that I could afford to be put on that list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you could buy acouple lowers and make it on the list
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id trade half my toys for one of you'rs
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that your on that list we shouldnt even be talking to ya
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
There go's all my friends
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Who cares if your on a list. Everyone is on a list of some sort.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm pretty sure after my first form 4473, I've been flagged ever since.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If the two guns you purchased happened to be handguns, then the dealer has to complete a multi-sale form and a copy goes to the ATF and your state police.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]
One was a 22 pistol and the other was a 10/22
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every time I buy something, I get sent to further review, but approved while I wait.

I guess that having Class 3 does not matter.
View Quote

I doubt Class III data appears when performing a NICS check.  Sometimes I wonder if the initial screener uses all the information that is provided?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One was a 22 pistol and the other was a 10/22
View Quote

Sounds to me like he was talking crap then.  If you were flagged for any reason, NICS wouldn't tell him when he called in.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank for the help
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If it doesn't, it should. If I have gone through the fucking hoops for C3, I should not have to go to "further review" everytime I fill out a 4473.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time I buy something, I get sent to further review, but approved while I wait.

I doubt Class III data appears when performing a NICS check.  Sometimes I wonder if the initial screener uses all the information that is provided?

If it doesn't, it should. If I have gone through the fucking hoops for C3, I should not have to go to "further review" everytime I fill out a 4473.

Maybe the second reviewer has access to that information.  One of the guns shops I go to does the online e-check instead of calling it in, and there's no mention of further review when that's done.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
It usually means there was some type of hit.  Your birthday is same as someone in the system that can't own firearms or a name that is similar to yours.  I get sent to further review every single time I buy a gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who cares if your on a list. Everyone is on a list of some sort.
View Quote

Everyone on here is on the "domestic terrorist" list, no doubt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the thing that drives me up a wall more than anything and should be pushed the the Washington DC frontlines.  If I have ever been approved for a Form 1, Form 4, etc then why should I have to wait again to be approved for another of the same item....

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a UPIN and that won't happen anymore.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I did some trading at a gun store and got two new guns when the guy called in the paperwork he said I got flagged but I'm good to go. What's that mean?
View Quote

THEY know you are an ARFCOM member.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top