Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 11:39:13 AM EDT
Morning Folks,

I retired from the Navy about 6 weeks ago after 21yrs in military medicine.  I have submitted 62 different resumes, and I've yet to receive a single call.  If anyone knows of any possible positions could you please PM me?  I was a Senior Chief with excellent evaluations, and ran a huge medical department before retiring, I also did a tour as a senior inspector.  I have BS in computer Information Systems (But it is dated knowledge), and I can manage just about any program.

I'm trying to keep it between Louisville and Bloominton, but will work in Indy if that's where I can find a job.

Thanks for any help,
Cam
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
have you looked into some kind of contract work for crane naval base
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but Crane is primarily contractors.  I've applied to the few openings that I have experience with. I'm getting prety frustrated.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really.  Most employees are federal.  Going through one of the many contractors (SAIC, EG&G, CACI, RAYDAR, etc) is a way to get on base quickly.  Contractor jobs can lead to a govt position if you prove yourself valuable to whoever you are working for.

What is it you want to do?  I can't tell from your post.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, but Crane is primarily contractors.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife works for a Home Healthcare company that has an office in Evansville that is recruiting now.... check out the openings for that office on AlmostFamily.com and message me if there is a position you are interested in applying for.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife works for a Home Healthcare company that has an office in Evansville that is recruiting now.... check out the openings for that office on AlmostFamily.com and message me if there is a position you are interested in applying for.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not really.  Most employees are federal.  Going through one of the many contractors (SAIC, EG&G, CACI, RAYDAR, etc) is a way to get on base quickly.  Contractor jobs can lead to a govt position if you prove yourself valuable to whoever you are working for.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, but Crane is primarily contractors.

I've checked most of their career sites, but they are looking for alot of tech folks, which I am not.  I was a Corpsman.  I have submited to two fed jobs at Crane, but no joy.  I have ran some big clinics and departments in the hospitals as well as the biggest afloat med depts. I'd like to stick with my specialty, but I also have a solid background in leadership in general based on my paygrade.  I'm going to keep looking and keep applying, something has got to happen surely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top