Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2014 6:02:55 AM EDT
Ever pawn shop says they deal in it, but most only have an over priced coin or two.

Are there any decent places you guys know of.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The only place that comes to mind is the shop that sits where midwest used to.  Nunemaker. I was in there a few times and i believe they have / had what your're looking for.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only place that comes to mind is the shop that sits where midwest used to.  Nunemaker. I was in there a few times and i believe they have / had what your're looking for.
View Quote

That's what I ended up finding.

I bought the last 1 ounce round they had
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all I know about that.   I only remember that because found some old coins and sold them in there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#4]
IL doesn't charge sales tax on precious metals like IN does, South Bend isn't THAT far from the border, the extra gas would pay off with any appreciable sized purchase. If you are looking to pick up 2-3 ounces here and there not so much.

Basically, you need to find a place that has decent turnover. A lot of the pawn shops originally barely okay prices and not much turnover. When silver went from $30 an ounce to $20 an ounce they had $25-27 an ounce tied into it and couldn't sell it at a loss. There is one up the road from me that has LOTS of silver, all at around $30 an ounce PLUS tax. I have a place near work in IL that I can usually get within $1.50 an ounce of spot for junk or .999, and no sales tax on it. There have been several decent deals on the equipment exchange precious metals section here, not frequently and if it is at or near spot it usually goes within minutes if it is just a couple hundred dollars worth. Prices range from just under spot to $3-4 an ounce over spot, you just need to be vigilant if you want to grab some.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Indiana doesn't charge tax either.

Either way, I started ordering from JM. I ordered a decent amount at $20.63 per ounce from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top