BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spoke with the owner today when I headed to the range.  Sent him an email with all of the calibers listed so far still awaiting a reply via email.

While at the range he said we would be in the LE/.mil range that is seperate from the normal range. FULL AUTO IS ALLOWED. He said everything up to(not sure if including) .50BMG is allowed.

Ammo restrictions

There is a shoot already planned the 17th, so I requested the 10th.

updates soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Spoke with the owner today when I headed to the range.  Sent him an email with all of the calibers listed so far still awaiting a reply via email.

While at the range he said we would be in the LE/.mil range that is seperate from the normal range. FULL AUTO IS ALLOWED. He said everything up to(not sure if including) .50BMG is allowed.

Ammo restrictions

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - All AP, Armor Piercing, Steel Cored, Penetrating Pinned, or Ferrous Metal bullets are BANNED from the ENTIRE Property.   If the projectile (bullet) sticks to a magnet  -  DO NOT BRING IT ONTO THE PROPERTY.    If I catch you with these... I throw you out for a month, 2nd offense your out for 6 months.    If I catch you three times... you are permanently off the property (Banned for LIFE).    Some FOOL ruined a $100 plate with AP ammo.   If I catch you damaging my plates with this described ammo... I legally can & will impound your guns, ammo, & vehicle until you pay off the damages.  

updates soon.

Looks like anyone wanting to shoot 7.62 X 39 is out since the magnet ruling covers all but a few AK rounds...
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Looks like anyone wanting to shoot 7.62 X 39 is out since the magnet ruling covers all but a few AK rounds...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo restrictions

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - All AP, Armor Piercing, Steel Cored, Penetrating Pinned, or Ferrous Metal bullets are BANNED from the ENTIRE Property.   If the projectile (bullet) sticks to a magnet  -  DO NOT BRING IT ONTO THE PROPERTY.    If I catch you with these... I throw you out for a month, 2nd offense your out for 6 months.    If I catch you three times... you are permanently off the property (Banned for LIFE).    Some FOOL ruined a $100 plate with AP ammo.   If I catch you damaging my plates with this described ammo... I legally can & will impound your guns, ammo, & vehicle until you pay off the damages.  

updates soon.

I guess this kills the full auto AK 47 and Krink. I still have other stuff to bring, but I run steel cased ammo in a lot of it too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I will try to get a hold of Don and ask about 7.62x39 because I have a some full auto AK's I'd like to bring out too
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
just trying to keep this alive
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Im still here. Between spring break and all of the exams that come with it ive been swamped. still staying in touch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
In the past weeks, Don had someone vandalize his rimfire range.

As far as I recall, about 17 steel plates were damaged (or penetrated) with a .223.

Until someone comes forward with who was responsible (and that person pays damages), Don is closing the main range each Saturday then closing the main range each Saturday and Sunday starting in May.

If no one comes forward still, the main range will be closed indefinitely.

That said, if any users of Proteq have information about the vandalization, contact Don.

I'm not sure what this does to the HTF shoot, but just a word to the wise, Don is currently busy sorting this out so I don't know if he'll be able to work with us on a date.

Does anyone have experience at Cory & Erika's range in Lewis, Range Time? I think they're mostly setup for classes but maybe they would allow a get-together?

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I the past weeks, Don had someone vandalize his rimfire range.

As far as I recall, about 17 steel plates were damaged (or penetrated) with a .223.
Until someone comes forward with who was responsible (and that person pays damages), Don is closing the main range each Saturday then closing the main range each Saturday and Sunday starting in May.

That said, if any users of Proteq have information about the vandalization, contact Don.

I'm not sure what this does to the HTF shoot, but just a word to the wise, Don is currently busy sorting this out so I don't know if he'll be able to work with us on a date.

Does anyone have experience at Cory & Erika's range in Lewis, Range Time? I think they're mostly setup for classes but maybe they would allow a get-together?
View Quote

Oh no this is not good for us locals! I am only ever able to shoot on weekends with work. I will have no place too shoot if Don does this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be able to set something up on my lease down in French Lick. I'll have to discuss it with the land owner, but I don't think he'd mind. We may have to buy him a few cases of beer. We would have to shoot down in the cow pasture and set up our own targets. Let me know if you guys have any interest.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I like cow pastures.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why we can't have nice things
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I may be able to set something up on my lease down in French Lick. I'll have to discuss it with the land owner, but I don't think he'd mind. We may have to buy him a few cases of beer. We would have to shoot down in the cow pasture and set up our own targets. Let me know if you guys have any interest.
View Quote

Hey, I'm in French Lick
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]
So, is there any interest in doing the shoot at my lease down by French Lick?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:16:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I am not working, I am in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#14]
With the range being down im going to say pro teq is out. I am still searching other possible sites but nothingsdet in stone.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With the range being down im going to say pro teq is out. I am still searching other possible sites but nothingsdet in stone.
View Quote

That's why I suggeted my lease down in French Lick.

I'm sure the land owner won't have a problem with it, but I'd like to have an approximate head count before I say something to him. If it's just going to be 2-3 people it's not really worth me making a 4 hour drive down there and going through the trouble of organizing it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

much closer for me!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm down for where ever. French Lick will be a 2 hour drive for me but I'd do it. Just would need a date set to request off work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#18]
The Hell is French lick?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in depending on the date.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Trying to keep this alive.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top