Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
What about meeting at the NRA news both at 5 PM on FRIDAY. After the leadership forum.

And after the meeting of the members at the same place on Saturday.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for letting me know Westfield was a parking lot
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got back...that place was PACKED.  Was there between 9:00 and 2:00.  Got really busy around lunch.

I've been to the convention center several times before and never seen the space so fully utilized before.

Got to play with the TAVOR, great little gun.  Might get one when the 300 BLK comes out...dissapointed there is no interest in the 6.8.

Also, may get a AR pistol...several there that felt great.

Quite a mix of cleavage, girls in short skirts, old farts in electic scooters and buisnessmen in suits.  

A must see if your within 100 miles and an NRA member.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got back...that place was PACKED.  Was there between 9:00 and 2:00.  Got really busy around lunch.

I've been to the convention center several times before and never seen the space so fully utilized before.

Got to play with the TAVOR, great little gun.  Might get one when the 300 BLK comes out...dissapointed there is no interest in the 6.8.

Also, may get a AR pistol...several there that felt great.

Quite a mix of cleavage, girls in short skirts, old farts in electic scooters and buisnessmen in suits.  

A must see if your within 100 miles and an NRA member.
View Quote

You had me at Scooters.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You had me at Scooters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

old farts in electic scooters

You had me at Scooters.
a 90 yr old woman was going full speed and almost ran me over.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey big-Al here. I meet you and your dad at the Aimpoint both standing in front of Chris Costa.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Roommate and I drove up from mid Missouri. Currently at a very suspect Panda restaurant

Look forward to seeing some of you neckbeards tomorrow!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there tomorrow, and I'll shave the neckbeard off.  I'll wear my black BFL hat.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a awesome time, seen some ''famous'' people in the industy lol. Hung out from 3 to a lil after 5 at the NRA News stage.

Stayed to see the pigman funny down to earth guy and so is Costa.

I may be going back tomorrow with a buddy of mine since the guy going with him bailed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:57:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The crowd yesteray wasn't too bad.  I bet today it will be much worse.

I'll be working the entrance again from 10-2, handing out passes and lanyards.

Be sure to get back to the MAGPUL display.  They had a couple of women in old fashioned stewardess outfits.  They were handing out "candy cigarette" boxes, but inside were polymer dummy rounds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:11:37 AM EDT
[#12]

I went. I walked through more farts than I care to remember.  

Pretty awesome event though. I would love to attend some of the seminars, might be tough.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:16:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The crowd yesteray wasn't too bad.  I bet today it will be much worse.

I'll be working the entrance again from 10-2, handing out passes and lanyards.

Be sure to get back to the MAGPUL display.  They had a couple of women in old fashioned stewardess outfits.  They were handing out "candy cigarette" boxes, but inside were polymer dummy rounds.
View Quote

Im sure it will be mad house today.

I bought three limited edition pmags, Texas, Wyoming and colorado and thay throw a hand full of stickers in the bag and i checked out the stewardess but i missed out on the boxs.

Thay had a sweet looking bus and a VW bus in lobby.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey big-Al here. I meet you and your dad at the Aimpoint both standing in front of Chris Costa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice meeting you!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]
it was a great show, if anyone has never been just go...lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got back from my first NRA convention.  I'm 68 (today is my birthday) and have been a member or the NRA since 1964.  (May have missed a couple of years for military service.)  What a great show.  I was one of the old coots walking around with a white Benefactor membership ribbon on his credentials.  Got in the hall at 9:00 this morning and stayed till 3:30 pm.  Want to go back tomorrow, but my wife says she can't walk that much again for a second day in a row.  Will definitely attend in Louisville next year.  Been enjoying how Indy news outlets have been wanting to promote how Indianapolis can handle such a large convention gathering, but they don't want to put shooting activities in a too of positive light.  So they balance with the tiny Bloomberg promoted counter demo so that they all can feel better about themselves.  I think if Indy wants to host this again, they may  need make the convention center a little bigger.  My opinion is, this year at Indy is going to give last year's meeting in Houston a run for the money for total attendance.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I went. I walked through more farts than I care to remember.  

Pretty awesome event though. I would love to attend some of the seminars, might be tough.
View Quote

HEY, I resemble that remark!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great meeting you too.  You had the only BFL shirt that I saw all day,
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah great meeting you guys, are you akethans dad?  I keep an eye out for BFL's but didnt see any and you guys were the only people to approach me.

I also would have thought some of the venders i talked to would have said something about the ARFCOM shirt, like Rock River Arms, Magpul and Pallmetto State Armory.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just got back from my first NRA convention.  I'm 68 (today is my birthday) and have been a member or the NRA since 1964.  (May have missed a couple of years for military service.)  What a great show.  I was one of the old coots walking around with a white Benefactor membership ribbon on his credentials.  Got in the hall at 9:00 this morning and stayed till 3:30 pm.  Want to go back tomorrow, but my wife says she can't walk that much again for a second day in a row.  Will definitely attend in Louisville next year.  Been enjoying how Indy news outlets have been wanting to promote how Indianapolis can handle such a large convention gathering, but they don't want to put shooting activities in a too of positive light.  So they balance with the tiny Bloomberg promoted counter demo so that they all can feel better about themselves.  I think if Indy wants to host this again, they may  need make the convention center a little bigger.  My opinion is, this year at Indy is going to give last year's meeting in Houston a run for the money for total attendance.  We'll see.
View Quote

I was there friday and seen a bunch of guys with those Benefactor ribbons. I almost went back today with a buddy of mine put it fell through.

I hear ya about the walking around. We got there at 8:30 and back to the truck at 5:30, Im 43 and my legs were give out and it damn neer killed my girl friend lol

Has for the news i didnt see anything about the NRA till thursday evening and thay sure didnt have much to say about it, all thay want to talk about is how dangerous Tannnerite is.

Thanks for your service and supporting the NRA for all those years
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Mrs. dekeshooter and I were there nearly all day Friday. We walked the exhibit floor and also took in a seminar by Top Shot winner Chris Cheng. My wife was very excited to meet him as well as Olympian Kim Rhode and Massad Ayoob. The high point for me was getting my picture taken with Col. Robert K. Brown. We handled lots of products, ordered electronic ear protection for both of us, picked up lots of literature and decals for the reloading cabinet doors and I bought a SIG pistol brace for $100!!! This was our first time at an NRA convention and it won't be our last. We had a great time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Just never know who will make an appearance at the NRA Convention!

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Great show!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got back from the show. It was great! Was it me or did it seem like there were a lot more of 20-40 year old then anyone else?

My feet are hurting!

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just got back from the show. It was great! Was it me or did it seem like there were a lot more of 20-40 year old then anyone else?

My feet are hurting!

<a href="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/Deussne/media/unnamed_zps0b10393b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Deussne/unnamed_zps0b10393b.jpg</a>

View Quote

I took that same picture lol

Im in the 40ish year old categorie "43"   , and the GF is 38

Walking around that place for 9 hours bout kill us too, were still feeling it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I did a little google search and he was at the Houston show also,
What gives, a guy so called  ''crying ''for an assault weapons ban showing up and giving his money to the NRA to fight an AWB.

edit: He also wants a "High Capacity Magazine Ban" but he supports the 2A and says it was based on muskets.
      I say maybe it was but the government back then didnt have apaches with thermal night vision to deal with ext.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I should've read the previous pages of the thread so i would've known who to else look for.  I was there from 9am to 4pm Saturday.  I wore my black BFL hat.  I ran into Chris Rich from Appkleseed.  He's a member here IIRC.  One of the guys over at CMMG noticed the BFL on my hat.  My friend saw someone at the Cheesecake Factory wearing an Arfcom T-shirt.

I had a good time.  It was great to talk to company reps who could provide answers I had about their products.  Other than being crowded, everyone I talked to was friendly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I am sorry I did not meet more of ya at the show. The NRA had us shuffling around a goods bit, glad to have great hosts.

Nashville 2015 we need to pick a place and a few times each day well in advance. Maybe a friendly merchant and we can have a log in book. "I was here....."  I doubt I will be able to get my little company up that fast, but maybe in 2016 I can.

Great to meet a few folks, always very cool to put a face to an avatar.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Made it to the show yesterday.  I had a great time and the convention center was very nice.  Nice Job Indiana....
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#30]
It seemed like it was pretty productive for the NRA also.

In the eight hours I worked, I don't know how many people signed up for annual memberships.  Probably half jumped in at three or five years without any proding.  I'm not a hard sell guy.

I bet I had at least 10 people sign up for life memberships!  One guy even bought two life memberships as presents for family members.

I think I had two people step up for patron, and one benefactor!

I did meet one ARFCOMMER, but he seemed to be in a hurry to get into the show.

Anyway, the show was great.  I was impressed with a 12.5 SBR at the CMMG booth.  That full length rail over a gas block sure felt good!  The 12.5 .308 was just tits, too...  

I also fingered an EAA Witness Elite Limited by Tanfoglio.  My first time with one of those.  I gotta say,it almost fit my hand better than a P226!!!!!  I will be researching those more for sure.

PRI is selling complete MK 12 Mod 0's now.  Another thing on my (very long) list.  I've wanted a MK 12 for a long time, but a factory PRI would be icing on the cake.

I also was impressed with a Navy Arms 1873 Winchester.  They are gone over by Turnbull and come with a short stroke installed.  I don't know why, but old west guns have peaked my interest lately.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah great meeting you guys, are you akethans dad? .
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I should've read the previous pages of the thread so i would've known who to else look for.  I was there from 9am to 4pm Saturday.  I wore my black BFL hat.  I ran into Chris Rich from Appkleseed.  He's a member here IIRC.  One of the guys over at CMMG noticed the BFL on my hat.  My friend saw someone at the Cheesecake Factory wearing an Arfcom T-shirt.

I had a good time.  It was great to talk to company reps who could provide answers I had about their products.  Other than being crowded, everyone I talked to was friendly.
View Quote

Missed ya, dawg.  We were there Friday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What gives, a guy so called  ''crying ''for an assault weapons ban showing up and giving his money to the NRA to fight an AWB.

edit: He also wants a "High Capacity Magazine Ban" but he supports the 2A and says it was based on muskets.
      I say maybe it was but the government back then didnt have apaches with thermal night vision to deal with ext.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I should of followed him around, and waited until he picked up an AR15, then took his photo.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

James Yeager is standing  behind him with his back turned by the huge guy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I was there at the opening on Friday with my buddy and then Saturday with my wife and two older daughters. We went to the Stand and Fight rally Saturday night. Great Time!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:09:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I had a great time as well took the wife and the kids in the stroller we all loved it very nice crowd and great show I was hoping to go another day but got too busy.  Got a new holster for my wife and myself at a deep discount so it was a win.

I will definitely think about Nashville next year based on how much fun I had this year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Had a great time Saturday and Sunday.

The NRA and Indy put on a great Convention will be going to Nashville next year.

Went to the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday so it might of been me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#38]
More pictures coming soon.
For more pictures and a full write up on the NRA convention go HERE.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#39]
I was there on Friday with my wife, son and brother. We had a great time. Looking forward for next year when I will get a room and go all weekend.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow, what a great NRA convention!!!

NRA and Indy, job well done!

I've never been inside a large exhibit hall like that packed to the gills, like it was on Saturday!

I got to meet some fellow ARFCOMMers, including some of the Colorado Patriots (including SCDontTreadOnMe), had quite a few folks identify me by BFL hat!

Really looking forward to next year in Nashville, ...need to start planning/reservations sooner!!!  
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Another interesting "thing" at the NRA meeting

Holds 300 guns or 144 tons of gold.

Saturday, around noon or 1pm, an overwhelming crush of people took some of the fun out of it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It seemed like it was pretty productive for the NRA also.

In the eight hours I worked, I don't know how many people signed up for annual memberships.  Probably half jumped in at three or five years without any proding.  I'm not a hard sell guy.

I bet I had at least 10 people sign up for life memberships!  One guy even bought two life memberships as presents for family members.

I think I had two people step up for patron, and one benefactor!

I did meet one ARFCOMMER, but he seemed to be in a hurry to get into the show.

Anyway, the show was great.  I was impressed with a 12.5 SBR at the CMMG booth.  That full length rail over a gas block sure felt good!  The 12.5 .308 was just tits, too...  

I also fingered an EAA Witness Elite Limited by Tanfoglio.  My first time with one of those.  I gotta say,it almost fit my hand better than a P226!!!!!  I will be researching those more for sure.

PRI is selling complete MK 12 Mod 0's now.  Another thing on my (very long) list.  I've wanted a MK 12 for a long time, but a factory PRI would be icing on the cake.

I also was impressed with a Navy Arms 1873 Winchester.  They are gone over by Turnbull and come with a short stroke installed.  I don't know why, but old west guns have peaked my interest lately.
View Quote

We got there Friday morning right when doors opened, and stayed until the red coats kicked us out.  Went back on Sunday to see what I didn't get too on Friday.  Signed up for a life membership on the way out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Ronnie Barrett

Barrett M82 A1 .50 BMG anti-material rifle

The Barrett BORS system is an integrated ballistics computer that mounts directly on the riflescope and couples to the elevation knob to make dialing in your drop compensation fast and easy.  

Gatling Gun

Chris Costa

22lr Uzi (full size)

22lr Micro Uzi pistol
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ronnie Barrett
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_17.jpg

Barrett M82 A1 .50 BMG anti-material rifle
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_18.jpg

The Barrett BORS system is an integrated ballistics computer that mounts directly on the riflescope and couples to the elevation knob to make dialing in your drop compensation fast and easy.  
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_19.jpg

Gatling Gun
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_20.jpg

Chris Costa
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_21.jpg

22lr Uzi (full size)
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_22.jpg

22lr Micro Uzi pistol
http://www.theuzibutton.com/ArfCom/images/NRAConv_23.jpg
View Quote

I met Ronnie, Costa, Dr Drake and Jerry Miculek.  Ollie North was hanging out in the magpul booth for a while as well Friday.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I went all 3 days.  I broke it up by going seminars and lunch twice at Tilted Kilt and once at Hooters.  Sunday was dead, especially after Nugent.  It did not matter how many laps I made, I found something new each time.  I went to the Slippery Noodle for Dinner, Michael Bane bought the beer for every one there in the private room upstairs.  It was there I got hang out with Massad Ayoob, Joyce Wilson, Dave Spaulding al others.   Uncle Ted was great as always.  This was my third show.  I'm looking forward to next.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Need a suppressed precision rifle that fits in a briefcase? Nemesis Arms has you covered.

I present to you, the Magpul bus of awesomeness.

This bus comes fully stocked.

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Another interesting "thing" at the NRA meeting

<a href="http://s101.photobucket.com/user/nfe6848m/media/9f2682b0-27f1-46dc-a546-5b71ccf9a4cf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/nfe6848m/9f2682b0-27f1-46dc-a546-5b71ccf9a4cf.jpg</a>

Holds 300 guns or 144 tons of gold.

Saturday, around noon or 1pm, an overwhelming crush of people took some of the fun out of it.

<a href="http://s101.photobucket.com/user/nfe6848m/media/54577baa-cd77-47b8-b221-b06c4ef07759.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/nfe6848m/54577baa-cd77-47b8-b221-b06c4ef07759.jpg</a>
View Quote

I am in that second picture. I went over to the Cabot booth and talked to Gunny Zins a little later.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]

This is Ohio Ordnance’s “modernized” 30-06 BAR.

This .300 blackout upper from Tactical Solutions features a barrel extension at the end of the barrel (permanently attached) that keeps the length of the barrel a legal 16” but allows a suppressor to attach at the 8” mark. This reduces the overall length of the upper with the can attached without the need to do SBR paperwork.

Trijicon's booth was over 2 stories tall.

You could try out every flavor of optic Trijicon had to offer.

This was the line to see R Lee Ermey. It circled the booth and went down an isle.

R. Lee Ermey undoubtedly adding some sort of witty remark.

This semi-auto .338 Lapua was the latest offering from Alexander Arms

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Night vision goodness from TNVC.

The Daniel Defense Cafe.

This SRM 1216 is a semi-auto 12ga with a detachable cylindrical magazine. Each tube of the cylinder holds 4 rounds for a total of 16 rounds.

Infrared laser, visible laser, infrared light, visible light… all in one little package.

Infrared light, visible light… all in one little package.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top