Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Park under Circle center mall, tons of parking and it will not cost much. The mall is also connected to the convention center.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, the JW is $225.00 a night. Since I am driving in I will probaly use one of the suggested hotels on the NRA site. They are all about 9-12 miles out and only $100.00 a night. Now I have to worry about parking at the show.  Any ideas?

Park under Circle center mall, tons of parking and it will not cost much. The mall is also connected to the convention center.

Circle Center Mall Indianapolis has 3 parking garages around the location:

World of Wonders Garage: 24-hour access
(Entrances on Illinois and Maryland)

Sun Garage: Mon. - Sat.: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m., Sun.: 10:00 a.m. - Midnight
(Entrances on Washington and Maryland)

Moon Garage: Mon. - Sat.: 8:00 a.m. - Midnight, Sun.: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(Entrance on Georgia)

Parking Hours & Rates:

Before 5:00pm Mon. - Fri.

0 - 3 hours     $2
3 - 4 hours     $4
4 - 5 hours     $8
5 - 6 hours     $12
6 - 12 hours   $15
12 - 24 hours $20

After 5:00pm Mon. - Fri and All day Sat. & Sun

0-3 hrs  -  $2.00
3-5 hrs  -  $4.00
5-6 hrs  -  $8.00
6-8 hrs  -  $12.00
8-12 hrs  -  $15.00
12-24 hrs  -  $20.00

Event Parking Rates:

A $20 parking rate may be applied if a major downtown event is happening. If a visitor shows a valid receipt of $20 dollars or more purchased from a Circle Center Mall Indianapolis merchant that day, normal rates will apply.

For motorcoach and bus parking information, please call Express Parking at 317-639-9825.

Ouch, an extra $40 if you're only going for two days?  Is any one of the garages better than the others?  Any free on street parking nearby or on transit routes?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Ouch, an extra $40 if you're only going for two days?  Is any one of the garages better than the others?  Any free on street parking nearby or on transit routes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, the JW is $225.00 a night. Since I am driving in I will probaly use one of the suggested hotels on the NRA site. They are all about 9-12 miles out and only $100.00 a night. Now I have to worry about parking at the show.  Any ideas?

Circle Center Mall Indianapolis has 3 parking garages around the location:

World of Wonders Garage: 24-hour access
(Entrances on Illinois and Maryland)

Sun Garage: Mon. - Sat.: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m., Sun.: 10:00 a.m. - Midnight
(Entrances on Washington and Maryland)

Moon Garage: Mon. - Sat.: 8:00 a.m. - Midnight, Sun.: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
(Entrance on Georgia)

Parking Hours & Rates:

Before 5:00pm Mon. - Fri.

0 - 3 hours     $2
3 - 4 hours     $4
4 - 5 hours     $8
5 - 6 hours     $12
6 - 12 hours   $15
12 - 24 hours $20

After 5:00pm Mon. - Fri and All day Sat. & Sun

0-3 hrs  -  $2.00
3-5 hrs  -  $4.00
5-6 hrs  -  $8.00
6-8 hrs  -  $12.00
8-12 hrs  -  $15.00
12-24 hrs  -  $20.00

Event Parking Rates:

A $20 parking rate may be applied if a major downtown event is happening. If a visitor shows a valid receipt of $20 dollars or more purchased from a Circle Center Mall Indianapolis merchant that day, normal rates will apply.

For motorcoach and bus parking information, please call Express Parking at 317-639-9825.

Everything in the area will be similar in price, if not more as you get closer to the convention center.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Everything in the area will be similar in price, if not more as you get closer to the convention center.
View Quote

What about a little bit further away?  Anyplace cheap enough to park that would make a bus, taxi, El, etc. worthwhile?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What about a little bit further away?  Anyplace cheap enough to park that would make a bus, taxi, El, etc. worthwhile?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mass transit in Indy pretty much sucks.  

The only places I can think of were you can park and ride a bus, are commuter bus services on the North side of Indy.  

Any parking Downtown is going to be walking distance (1/2-3/4 mile) from the convention center.  You may be able to find cheaper parking on the if you park future away.  There are some surface lots near my work, that have cheap parking, but they fill up pretty quick.  I will look at what's available in the area and post an update.

Indy has no train system and the cabs pretty much hang out at the airport or local drinking areas.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Prices range varies depending on location.
http://www.indydt.com/parking_results.cfm

Some examples of cheaper parking.
Virginia Ave. Garage
155 S. Delaware
916-1760
Garage
SE quad
Clearance Height: 08' 02"

Rates:
1 Hour  $2.00
Daily Maximum  $5.00
Event  $12.00

Hours:
Weekdays  6am -8:30pm
Saturday  Varies with events
Sunday  Varies with events

Express Lot #500  
500 S. Madison Ave.
639-9825
Lot
SE Quad
Rates:
1 Hour  $2.50
Daily Maximum  $2.50
Event  $20.00

Hours:
Weekdays  24 hrs
Saturday  24 hrs
Sunday  24 hrs

White River State Park-South Lot  
801 W. Washington St.
234-0231
Lot
SW Quad
Credit Cards Accepted

Rates:
1 Hour  $3.00
Daily Maximum  $10.00
Event  $10.00

Hours:
Weekdays  24 hrs
Saturday  24 hrs
Sunday  24 hrs
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link and lot info.  We'll take a look and see which place works best.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello Indiana Brothers!  

I'm going to drive down from MI on Saturday.  I'll park at one of the above reccomended parking structures.  How is Indy during the day as far as walking to and from the convention center?  I may carry but I'm not sure if it will be permitted per previous posts.  I'd hope my MI CPL is recognized by Indiana?  Well please let me know about my plan for attending.  Thanks!!!!!

Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Double Post  Please Delete
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll just leave this here, in case any fellow Hoosiers want to help out.  

Volunteer

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#10]
This may be a stupid question. I just joined today 3/30 will I be able to attend the show?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This may be a stupid question. I just joined today 3/30 will I be able to attend the show?
View Quote

Give them a call.  I'm sure they'll be able to help you.  I've never been, but I would guess that they want to see a card.  A CS rep could probably tell you what you need and help you get it in time.   1-800-672-3888
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#12]
As long as you have your number you can register on line and they will send you your credentials - although mine have not shown up yet
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As long as you have your number you can register on line and they will send you your credentials - although mine have not shown up yet
View Quote

I got the NRA email for the Pre-Registration last tuesday and replyed to it and of today still no badge in the mail.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#14]
They have a computer on site to look you up.  It's quicker than digging through your wallet to find a card you never use.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Where to get good fish'n chips between downtown and I-70. MacNivens ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Got mine yesterday. Pretty fancy holder midway invested in there, mine took a week and a half.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got mine yesterday. Pretty fancy holder midway invested in there, mine took a week and a half.
View Quote

Got mine yesterday also. It wasnt what i was expecting. A buddy of mine said the holder could double as a plate carrier

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Meeting up, it has been discussed. Might we come up with a plan to meet up after the members meeting on Saturday?

Say somebody brings a bolt face sign at a location that is scouted out and we all meet up?

I am there on Wednesday, I can see what the floor plan really looks like and make some suggestions. Assuming I can get in early (I should be able to), but I will get in Friday. Anyone have any other ideas?

I am looking forward to getting out of moms basement and meeting some of you guys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Got mine yesterday also. It wasnt what i was expecting. A buddy of mine said the holder could double as a plate carrier

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop by booth 4223 and say Hi if y'all want to. Will try and work a BFL in somehow probably a sticker of some sort....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#21]

If its t-shirt weather im gonna wear my BFL shirt
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#22]
http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/NRA/nraam2014/public/EventMap.aspx

Found this layout of the convention center.

I'll be working NRA membership services Friday and Saturday.  No idea what that means, though!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
......  I may carry but I'm not sure if it will be permitted per previous posts......

Rob
View Quote

This is on the NRA Convention website.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Glad to see this venue didn't ban CC.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They have a computer on site to look you up.  It's quicker than digging through your wallet to find a card you never use.
View Quote

This.  Just tell them your name and address.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#26]
we're driving up Thurs. evening, ...staying outside of the downtown area, so a little worried what the parking situation will be like on Friday AM?...
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I was coming up for the indy mini anyway so I decided to come early for the convention.   I figure I may not get another chance.  I intend to go friday and hopefully spend some money, and have signed up for NRA instructor update on saturday.  

See you there!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/efpeter/nraccw_zps307b3e8d.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
......  I may carry but I'm not sure if it will be permitted per previous posts......

Rob

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/efpeter/nraccw_zps307b3e8d.jpg

Thank You!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#29]
"Firearms Carry: During the 143rd NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits the carry of personal firearms will be permitted in the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium with the proper license in accordance with Indiana law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all Federal, state and local laws."

I will be there Saturday.
http://www.nraam.org/
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Mobile App

Edit: For Navigating
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#31]
only a few more days to go!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I just marked off for Friday. Hope to meet some off you there!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Where is the official Saturday night get together?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Going Saturday!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
We fly out tomorrow! Where are some good places to eat? so far we found mcdonalds and dennys?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Anybody care to give a synopsis of prohibited places, etc. for those of us coming from out of state for the NRA convention this week?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We fly out tomorrow! Where are some good places to eat? so far we found mcdonalds and dennys?
View Quote

Try real food.

MacNiven's Restaurant & Bar
339 Massachusetts Ave
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#38]
ditto on the request for good eats, especially near the convention center...  are there a lot of CPZ'd restaurants in/around there?  any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Harry and Izzys is really close to the convention center. A lot of people seem to like it. Google map the indy convention center and zoom in on the map, you will see plenty of restaurants and bars to visit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
will be there saturday.. just a little worried about parking.. looks like a lot of places are raising there prices out the roof!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#41]
We went to Bourbon Street tonight. The pork ribs were freaking awesome! Then we walked around the capitol and ended up at the world war memorial.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Super pumped to meet fellow ARFcommers!

See you guys on Friday and Saturday. Going to be awesome .... I have heard talk of meeting places, anyone have any exact ideas? I will be in the hall tomorrow to scout any suggestions.

Hey FacetFace and I are going to be on Cam and Company/ NRA news tomorrow at 3PM (eastern).  Not sure what time on the replays......
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Lots of great restaurants!  Especially steakhouses.

The premier steakhouse in Indy is St. Elmos.  Get in if you can, usually pretty difficult.  If not there, Harry & Izzys, Palomino, Weber Grille will all have a nice piece of meat for you.  Super fancy, go to Capitol Grille (delicious, pricey)

For Seafood, go to Oceannaire.  

Cigar Bar:  Nicky Blaines on Merdian, just south of the circle.

Best Music Venue Downtown:  Slippery Noodle.  Blues bar.  After St. Elmos, this is the most famous venue we have.  GREAT place to drink some beers and listen to some great music.

College Scene Drinking:  Kilroys, will be your best bet.  Get the stuffed breadsticks.

For the Refined Palate:  Black Market (far end of Massachusetts Avenue) or Bluebead (Virginia Avenue).  Locally sourced stuff, newer kind of restaurants.

Cocktails:  Ball & Biscuit or the Libertine.

Local Beer:  Sun King Brewery.  People go nuts over this stuff.

Adult Bar Scene:  Go to Mass Ave (Massachusetts Avenue).  Along there you'll find lots of places:  MacNivens (beer, gastropub), Bakersfield (tacos and tequila), Chatham Tap (beer, pub food, soccer), Ralstons Drafthouse

ETA:  Indianapolis has the second most memorials of any city in the US, behind only Washington DC.  You can make a nice walk starting at the Circle Monument and moving north up to the library (I think that's 10 blocks) and back.  Also find the canal on the west side.  It is 1.5 miles end-to-end, very nice place to walk.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Super pumped to meet fellow ARFcommers!

See you guys on Friday and Saturday. Going to be awesome .... I have heard talk of meeting places, anyone have any exact ideas? I will be in the hall tomorrow to scout any suggestions.

Hey FacetFace and I are going to be on Cam and Company/ NRA news tomorrow at 3PM (eastern).  Not sure what time on the replays......
View Quote

Im a big fan of Cam & Company and seeing his show / podcast is on my to do list,  Im going to be there tomorrow and ill be at the both at 3.

Whats the Topice of discussion?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll be looking to see some folks on Friday, and Saturday

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Is anyone going Sunday?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lots of great restaurants!  Especially steakhouses.

The premier steakhouse in Indy is St. Elmos.  Get in if you can, usually pretty difficult.  If not there, Harry & Izzys, Palomino, Weber Grille will all have a nice piece of meat for you.  Super fancy, go to Capitol Grille (delicious, pricey)

For Seafood, go to Oceannaire.  

Cigar Bar:  Nicky Blaines on Merdian, just south of the circle.

Best Music Venue Downtown:  Slippery Noodle.  Blues bar.  After St. Elmos, this is the most famous venue we have.  GREAT place to drink some beers and listen to some great music.

College Scene Drinking:  Kilroys, will be your best bet.  Get the stuffed breadsticks.

For the Refined Palate:  Black Market (far end of Massachusetts Avenue) or Bluebead (Virginia Avenue).  Locally sourced stuff, newer kind of restaurants.

Cocktails:  Ball & Biscuit or the Libertine.

Local Beer:  Sun King Brewery.  People go nuts over this stuff.

Adult Bar Scene:  Go to Mass Ave (Massachusetts Avenue).  Along there you'll find lots of places:  MacNivens (beer, gastropub), Bakersfield (tacos and tequila), Chatham Tap (beer, pub food, soccer), Ralstons Drafthouse

ETA:  Indianapolis has the second most memorials of any city in the US, behind only Washington DC.  You can make a nice walk starting at the Circle Monument and moving north up to the library (I think that's 10 blocks) and back.  Also find the canal on the west side.  It is 1.5 miles end-to-end, very nice place to walk.

View Quote

We went to mama Irma's today. Food was great. We were the only people in there so the owner and her family were visiting with us so it was a nice experience. We have reservations for harry and Izzy's I think if that'sthe place peyton owns?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#48]
took Friday off, so I`m heading to the show then, anyone got any suggestions on parking? keep reading its going to be a b*tch...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#49]
My wife and I are hitch hiking to save on transportation and parking fees.
Once there we want to spend the night in back of a dumpster.
Hopefully we can find food in the dumpster for breakfast.
Just kidding

Taking a StaCation  at Embassy for the the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#50]
We are leaving in the morning. I thinks the blues bar sounds good, any other thoughts for a get together? Just meet at the show? Anyone who has already walked the show notice a nice area to meet?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top