Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2007 5:58:30 AM EDT
Does anyone have a phone number for Randy?

Im a jackass and forgot about the suppressor that he had of mine...and hope that he still has.
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
you do know that Albro Guns has gone out of business and is filing bankruptcy?
Call Wanamaker guns and see if they have your silencer, I know alot of the stuff went out there.
Let me know what you find out, I may be able to track his number down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow!  I hadn't heard that!  Their latest location didn't seem to be as busy as their older one.

I think the big retailers are putting a lot of pressure on the little shops with guns / ammo prices.
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had a suppressor, I would surely not forget about it, they are sooo expensive!!!

Quoted:
Wow!  I hadn't heard that!  Their latest location didn't seem to be as busy as their older one.

I think the big retailers are putting a lot of pressure on the little shops with guns / ammo prices.
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If I had a suppressor, I would surely not forget about it, they are sooo expensive!!!

Quoted:

Hum, seems that I have more toys than you and we are on different economical levels....now do you have anything of purpose other  than just chiting in my thread?
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just kidding.

I have alot of things going on.

I got all the paper work filled out and signed off on by the sheriff, then put in on a shelf in my office, about mid july I saw it again.

Now I am doing taxes and other bs  for the 07 season and found the paperwork.

I have seen and held the supressor, plus paid for it.....just never sent in the paperwor.

i dont want to waste the 200,00 for the tax stamp if I cant get the supressor when I get the paperwork back.

I will call wannamaker tomorrow and see if they know anything.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hum, seems that I have more toys than you and we are on different economical levels....now do you have anything of purpose other  than just chiting in my thread?

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that post was probably a little bit uncalled for
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that post was probably a little bit uncalled for

I posted under it that I was kidding...come on

500.00 is alot of money to me, as Im sure it is to everyone else, except bill gates and Oprah
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Update.

Wannamaker has a few supressors from albros...but not mine.

Talking to the guy there, I learned that My paperwork is not any good anymore.(1 year and 2 weeks old)

So now I need to find out where the supressor is, have it sent to another gun dealer, and redo the paper work.

I went to the township courts. They said that several people have been suing him, but hes not showing up to the court dates...which means that they win...but is useless if he doesnt pay.(they didnt seem to want me to waste my 70.00 because no one has an address for him)

I have a call into the local jubge that has been handling this cases to see if he can help locating Jackass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#10]
It really is a shame that it all worked out this way.  Randy should have sold the business while it was still afloat.  Ron & Patti would have made that place into a steller shop.  Randy just had his head up his ass about the business.

I hate to see any shop go under.  I just wish that it would have worked out better for everyone involved.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Update.

The local judge called me back this afternoon, seems randy is in some deep dodo.

Has more people than just me after there supressors and other class 3 stuff.

The judge is a gunnut and wanted me to come in and file also. He seems interested in helping me find the supressor.

Also seems the ATF is looking for him too.

Link Posted: 1/2/2008 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
...there's too many C3 dealers in Central Indiana that are giving all us C3 owners a bad rep...
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It really is a shame that it all worked out this way.  Randy should have sold the business while it was still afloat.  Ron & Patti would have made that place into a steller shop.  Randy just had his head up his ass about the business.

I hate to see any shop go under.  I just wish that it would have worked out better for everyone involved.

YMMV

thanks alot man. As anyone knows Ron and I tried our damndest with the shop to no avail. We are still trying very hard to get money in order to start up our own shop in Beech Grove. Last year was a bit of a bust year for us though and things aren't falling in line like we want them too. We haven't given up hope though.

Quoted:
Update.

The local judge called me back this afternoon, seems randy is in some deep dodo.

Has more people than just me after there supressors and other class 3 stuff.

The judge is a gunnut and wanted me to come in and file also. He seems interested in helping me find the supressor.

Also seems the ATF is looking for him too.

I have heard all of this and wanted to say something to you, but I have been asked (threatened) to keep my mouth shut. I hate to see so many folks getting screwed like they did, I just wish I knew a bit more than I did before he folded so I could have started warning folks off.

Quoted:
...there's too many C3 dealers in Central Indiana that are giving all us C3 owners a bad rep...

He's not getting sued for just C3 stuff, he is getting it on all levels of the gun business. He makes Don look like a peach.
Link Posted: 1/2/2008 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.  This just sucks.  I have been there several times and always liked their stuff.  Bought a few things over time.

What's it take $$-wise to open a gun shop in Beech Grove these days?  I heard that Pop Guns just sold too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wow.  This just sucks.  I have been there several times and always liked their stuff.  Bought a few things over time.

What's it take $$-wise to open a gun shop in Beech Grove these days?  I heard that Pop Guns just sold too.

Pops tried to sell but he was asking to much and the person wanting to buy backed out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pops tried to sell but he was asking to much and the person wanting to buy backed out.

Ever since he was presented as the "webmaster" on the news during the break-in story, I thought it went down.  Hmmmmmmm...  Is he retiring or what?
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
At the Indy 1500 a couple shows back, a fellow walked up to the table and asked if I knew if Albro's was setup there.  I told him they had went out of business and he told me he had paid in full for a rifle (I think A PS90) and at the time it looked like he was out of a significant amount of $.  

Mr and Mrs GH each tried to help the guy out with getting him contact information and this was a while back and I'm pretty sure there were already customers after him to get their stuff back.

It really is sad that a situation like this occured.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever since he was presented as the "webmaster" on the news during the break-in story, I thought it went down.  Hmmmmmmm...  Is he retiring or what?

From what he told be, he was selling stuff on several different websites he owned.  He wanted out of retail due to health problems & wanting to spend more time with the grandkids.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what he told be, he was selling stuff on several different websites he owned.  He wanted out of retail due to health problems & wanting to spend more time with the grandkids.

In case you were wonderiing here is a list I found on his website
www.coolcopgear.com
www.glockmeisterusa.com
www.ar15tacticalaccessories.com
www.center-fire.com
www.tacticalshotgunaccessories.com
www.gunaccessoriesusa.com
www.mygunaccessories.com
www.lasermax-lasersights.com
www.thatfunplace.com
www.benzeneexposure.org
www.classictransmissions.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His wife and Terry are technically running the business. Mike is just doing his internet gig.
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His wife and Terry are technically running the business. Mike is just doing his internet gig.

so is Popguns still in business or going out??
Link Posted: 1/3/2008 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so is Popguns still in business or going out??

When I talked to Mike at the last 1500 he said they were staying open. There would be a switch in inventory, less hard to sell guns and more "in-demand" things. He is just having nothing to do with running it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I heard him mention once that with Dick's and Gander Mountain around now, it is hard to sell guns.

The range is top notch, and he does a good job supporting law enforcement's needs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I heard him mention once that with Dick's and Gander Mountain around now, it is hard to sell guns.

The range is top notch, and he does a good job supporting law enforcement's needs.

I bet he cant wait for Cabelas to open on the south side.... Gander Mountain is normally way too high priced. I guess people that are not in the know about gun prices might fall for Ganders prices. Dicks on the other hand, I never shop there so I have no clue what their markup is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

LOL, one would think a Gander close by would make it 'easier' to sell reasonably priced guns.  I still can't get over the shock of seeing plain-jane G17s in the case with a $600 price tag on them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, one would think a Gander close by would make it 'easier' to sell reasonably priced guns.  I still can't get over the shock of seeing plain-jane G17s in the case with a $600 price tag on them.

Actually, I've found Pop's prices on hand guns to be exceptional as well for used.  I don't think you can buy used at the big fellas'.  Anyways - I've bought from them before and found their price to be cheaper than anything online.

But for new rifles, it is hard to beat the purchasing power of the bigguns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 2:52:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Rem 870s and Ruger 10/22s are where we've seen the sporting goods stores have the biggest impact. A real gun shop is still the only place to go for mil-surp, evil black rifles, and used long guns, though.

Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not getting sued for just C3 stuff, he is getting it on all levels of the gun business. He makes Don look like a peach.

Crap!  That's bad!

Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rem 870s and Ruger 10/22s are where we've seen the sporting goods stores have the biggest impact. A real gun shop is still the only place to go for mil-surp, evil black rifles, and used long guns, though.

FYI:  The gander by me has a bunch of evil feature AR-15s (new) and various used weapons for sale.  Prices are crazy high though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#30]
http://www.heimelauctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=376387
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Interesting.... He could have done just a few little things and it never would have come to this.

What a shame.
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.... He could have done just a few little things and it never would have come to this.

What a shame.

Seems that there are some firearms missing to me
Link Posted: 1/13/2008 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a shame.

Seems that there are some firearms missing to me

I kinda thought so too.

Link Posted: 1/14/2008 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Which one from Albros had the son (maybe 16 or 17) that used to hang at the shows?

He'd (the son) stop by my table almost every show, droolin over the knives.

Interesting...
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Which one from Albros had the son (maybe 16 or 17) that used to hang at the shows?

He'd (the son) stop by my table almost every show, droolin over the knives.

Interesting...

that would be Randy's son. My guess is he won't be bugging you guys anymore.
Link Posted: 1/14/2008 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Actually, was never a bother.  Seemed like a good kid.

Sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top