Ranges (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/3/2007 6:15:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chicken_little] [#1]
very nice ranges
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Monroe Township Conservation Club

Located just East of State Road 3 on Delaware County Road 700 South. Between New Castle and Muncie.

www.mtcc40acres.com

What you can shoot: Any rifle or pistol caliber excluding .50 BMG. No F/A.

Target backers at 5, 15, 25, 50 and 100yds

Cost is $40 per year.

Rifle/pistol range is closed during Club Trap Shoots which are most Sundays ($10 entry fee for the club trap shoots). Schedule available on the website.

They also offer hunter education classes in the spring and fall.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Chris530:
Hey all I'm currently here at Purdue and was told about Linden Conservation Club.  I can't find any info about it or where it is.  I just know it's somewhere off 231.  Any info would be great like club dues, range quality, etc etc.  Thanks

Linden Conservation club is my home Range.
Many improvements in the past year or so, now has a 6 lane 100' range a 4 lane 50' range nad 2 approx 8 lane 25 yard ranges for hard ball.
It also has 2 trap ranges complete with voice call and a sporting clay section along with wobble trap. Being a conservation club there is also camping archery and fishing on site. The range feee's are $50 per year that includes family and $3.50 for trap range is open to public every Sun from 8am till about 3 to 4pm member are allowed all day any day during daylight hour. All cailbers are welcome though they do not allow mg's
(someone thinks sub guns spay uncotroably or something) .50bmg's and down are ok though. They are currently planning a 300' range that should be done sometime late in 07 to early 08 Nice concrete table on 100 and 50' ranges along with a cover over 4 tables on 100'
Come on out and join us lots of event's from Fish Fry's to Trap League's, bring the family and spend the day
RemMax  (17 Augilla to .50BMG)
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Linden Conservation Club is located off I-74 north on exit 34 (highway 231) it is approx 10 miles north of the interstate just past the town of Linden, there is a large sign on highway 231 to tell you where to turn and it is located about 1/2 mile from hw231. Membership = $50.00 per year  Open to public every Sun from 8am till 4pm
Link Posted: 7/22/2007 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By opus1776:
Ok, I'll start the list....

Name: Popguns

Addy: 30 South Post Road, Indy, 46219

Phone: 317-897-8660

Web: www.popguns.com

Directions: On the east side of indy, from I-465 take Washington St. east for one mile.  Turn south on Post Road.  Go 400 ft and popguns is on the west side of Post Rd.

What can shoot: Handgun calibers only (.22lr to .44 Mag) in either handgun or long gun. No Rifle calibers, black powder or shotguns

Fees: $9.00 per 1/2 hr. additional minutes are 30 cents a minute.
individual range membership: 190 per year
family range membership: 250 per year

If you pay for a yearly membership there is no per hour fee and you can shoot as much as you want for the year.

Also, by having a membership, if there is line of people ahead of you, you get to go ahead of people who are not members.

There are six lanes on the range.

Yet again Popguns AKA Family Indoor shooting range has raised there prices. It is now
$18.00 for up to a Hour on one of the lanes.
$129.00 for a weekday membership. Weekends are discounted for members! ($6.00)

Ammo has also gone up! Last I saw 9mm FMJ was over $10.50 a box! When Gander Mountain sell it for $7.99 a box.

They are becomming the Dons Guns of the East Side, they had a Yogo underfolding AK47 for $599.00 when you can purchase the same gun for $469.00 online and pay a dealer to accept the transfer. They are also trying to sell the 9mm AR15 that was in the rental program for an almost new price, not to mention that the only reason it is for sale is because it kept breaking.

These are just a few of the many reason why I stoped Working/ Shooting there!
Link Posted: 7/22/2007 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
One nice thing I can say for popguns is that they let you fire full auto pistol caliber guns on the indoor range>  Or atleast, they used to...  I won't forget the first time I went in there back when I still lived in Illinois and was not used to seeing MGs.  There was a group of guys in the range with an Mp5 and a full auto .22 of some sort... It was pretty cool just watching from the outside when you come from a state that dosn't allow any class 3 / NFA ownership.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 6:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Edward-Nigma] [#7]
I've given some thought to the current Pops, and I think this year I'm going to spend my target time out at Eagle Creek instead.  I used to be a member at Pops, but between their prices and the fact they won't allow any type of ammo other than brass, pretty much excludes them for me.  I'm going to start using Wolf ammo in my CZs because it's the ammo I can afford.
And, I vastly prefer practicing outdoors.

Price is much better too.  $20 for the day, rather than by the hour beats Popguns every time.

Link Posted: 1/25/2008 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone comment on the Flat Creek Range of lafayette ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2008 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By mattxander12:

I used to shoot there a year or so ago.  According to their site it's now $11 for a 1/2 hr.  Used to be $9 IIRC.  FMJ only, though I did ask about PSP and they did ok it.  Never shot any, but I would contact them prior to using them.  I usually went sometime after 7 at night and there were plenty of lanes open.

I now shoot at Linden Conservation Club (outdoors).  Membership is $50 for the year (I don't think it has changed) though I need to renew mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:49:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdg45acp] [#10]
Roby's Outdoor Sports - AKA Bullseye...

148 Creekside Drive

Kokomo IN 46901

765-459-0077

Mon. - Sat.  -  9 am-7pm

Indoor, ventilated range..  5 bays...

All handgun cal. - Rifles up to .223

Machine guns allowed - A full auto friendly place..

$8.00 per 1/2 hour - $12 per hour

Just south of Sycamore Street on the southbound side of US 31,.
Link Posted: 2/1/2008 4:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Okki] [#11]
pdg45acp:
What's the lane distance? and does it require a membership fee?
{should have hit the darn "Quote" button}
Link Posted: 2/3/2008 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Okki:
pdg45acp:
What's the lane distance? and does it require a membership fee?
{should have hit the darn "Quote" button}

About 25 yards.. no membership fee..
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Edward-Nigma:
I've given some thought to the current Pops, and I think this year I'm going to spend my target time out at Eagle Creek instead.  I used to be a member at Pops, but between their prices and the fact they won't allow any type of ammo other than brass, pretty much excludes them for me.  I'm going to start using Wolf ammo in my CZs because it's the ammo I can afford.
And, I vastly prefer practicing outdoors.

Price is much better too.  $20 for the day, rather than by the hour beats Popguns every time.

Buy the 10 visit pass.  $65 for 10 visits and you can share it.  No experation date either.  The city forced the daily rate hike to $20, but left the 10 visit and seasonal passes alone, so they are an even better deal than last year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Clark State Forest Public range, Henryville IN...

Free public range, plus a nice separate range for law enforcement officers.

4 large stationary shooting benches, with berm backstops at about 25 and 35 yards, with a large backstop arching from about 60 yards at the left of the range, to roughly 100 yards at the right side of the range.  You can drive through the forestry if you like driving slowly while looking at trees, but if you pass up the two entrances to the Forestry on hwy 31, take the next road to the left (Brownstown Rd., still locally referred to as Richey Hollow Road) about 4 miles up turn left on Pounds Road (gravel).  Pounds will curve to the right (you'll see a pond dam in front of you as you go to the right) continue straight and the range will be on your left.

No Sunday Shooting
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By mattxander12:

Nothin great IMO, it was cold because of the "State of the art air system," which continuously sucks out air, and refills with new.  The ranges consisted of 2: rifle and pistol.  basic indoor range, dress warm
Link Posted: 4/27/2008 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Originally Posted By chicobrownbear:

Free public range, plus a nice separate range for law enforcement officers.

4 large stationary shooting benches, with berm backstops at about 25 and 35 yards, with a large backstop arching from about 60 yards at the left of the range, to roughly 100 yards at the right side of the range.  You can drive through the forestry if you like driving slowly while looking at trees, but if you pass up the two entrances to the Forestry on hwy 31, take the next road to the left (Brownstown Rd., still locally referred to as Richey Hollow Road) about 4 miles up turn left on Pounds Road (gravel).  Pounds will curve to the right (you'll see a pond dam in front of you as you go to the right) continue straight and the range will be on your left.

No Sunday Shooting

I hear they are closing for the summer to work on the dam. Is this true. One of my fav spots...
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't heard anything yet fredzilla.  I'll ask the manager the next time I see him to get it straight from the horse's mouth.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Update on Waveland Gun Club:

I just talked to Sharon, Tony (owner of gunclub)'s wife.

She said the Waveland Gun Club is still operating, although the store will not be open as much, also they upped the price of the daily rate from $3 to $4, and are now charging $4 per session of skeet shooting to pay for the clays.

Tony's number is:
(seven six five)  three six six - nine seven four five.

They said they've been lately having problems with telemarketers so I wrote it like that so maybe they wont be able to find it, didn't want to be apart of the problem.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#19]
yes closing aug 1 for six months
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Folks in the Evansville area and southern Posey County might want to check out membership at the Mt. Vernon Conservation Club. The range facilities are primitive, but it's a private place to shoot. ( Whenever I shoot there during the week I usually have the place to myself. ) They have 25y, 50y, and 100y backstops, and a couple of picnic tables for benchrests. Also, they have a nice sized lake for fishing.  Dues are quite reasonable at around $35 a year. Everyone I've met there has been very friendly.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Any ideas about ranges in the Greenwood area?
Link Posted: 12/1/2008 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Kingsbury fish and wildlife area outside of LaPorte has a nice out door range. Angled concrete slabs cover the firing line and prevent berm jumpers. Usually not to busy, has a range safety officer who enforces safety and cease fire/target changes. Another plus is indoor restrooms onstead of port-a-jon's.
Link Posted: 12/2/2008 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish someone would open a range near Bloomington.  It's hard to believe there is nothing worthwhile within 25 miles of here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fredzilla:
Originally Posted By chicobrownbear:

I hear they are closing for the summer to work on the dam. Is this true. One of my fav spots...

Anyone know if Clark State Forest range is back open again?

Link Posted: 12/29/2008 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know if Clark State Forest range is back open again?

I was down by there last weekend they still had the gate up so we walked back it looked like they had all the work done I'd expect to to be open anytime now
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#26]
i heard the were open but on the weekend . dont know how true that is though
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
What is the closest rifle range to the Chicagoland area (Northwest Indiana)?

Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/31/2009 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is a list of the 19 DNR ranges in Indiana, Willow Slough in Newton co. is right near the IN/IL border. A little further over is Kingsbury range in Laporte County it is a state of the art range and my favorite. Do not bring handguns from IL to IN as they do not allow IL residents to use handguns in IN. Sorry, I think its stupid TOO!
http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-hg_moreinfo.pdf
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CaptSchofield:
Here is a list of the 19 DNR ranges in Indiana, Willow Slough in Newton co. is right near the IN/IL border. A little further over is Kingsbury range in Laporte County it is a state of the art range and my favorite. Do not bring handguns from IL to IN as they do not allow IL residents to use handguns in IN. Sorry, I think its stupid TOO!
http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-hg_moreinfo.pdf

If he picks up a non-resident permit from some place like PA, FL, or UT, he'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
The range in the Clark State Forest in Henryville, In. is now open. Don't forget to sign in at the main office.
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know of a good rifle range in the SE part of the state?  I'm Dearborn county, near Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 6/24/2009 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By EvilElmo:
Anyone know of a good rifle range in the SE part of the state?  I'm Dearborn county, near Cincinnati.

im in same county. same question. seems like there really isnt any place for us with out going out of the way.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I just found this on ingunowners.com:

Indiana shooting ranges
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quakertown SRA has a nice, free covered range.  Its on the NW side of Brookville lake.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#35]
R.I.P. Edward Ritter Jr. 1936-2009

Kingsbury Indiana DNR Rangemaster
and Korean War vet.

He died on August 27th, and he will be missed by all. He was one hell of a nice guy.

Link to Obituary
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#36]
he was a good one, he will be missed. May he rest in peace
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By gee223:
R.I.P. Edward Ritter Jr. 1936-2009

Kingsbury Indiana DNR Rangemaster
and Korean War vet.

He died on August 27th, and he will be missed by all. He was one hell of a nice guy.

Link to Obituary

Ed was a great guy and talked with him many times when he and i were the only ones out there. Always reminded me of Robert Mitchum.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 10:56:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wetidlerjr] [#38]
Elwood Conservation Club

10, 25, 50, 75 and 100 yd. ranges.

South of SR 28 on Tipton/Madison County line.

Link Posted: 6/10/2010 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#39]
NEW 1000 yard range in Roanoke, In.

Hillside Shooting Sports
7870 N Mayne Road
Roanoke, In. 46783
260-672-3715

They started out as a Trap range and put 'n take Pheasent hunts.

Trap is every Wednesday and 2nd and 4th Sundays

Rifle and pistol is open on Friday, Saturday and i belive Monday at this time - $10.00 per day to shoot.

Call with questions.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Hillside Shooting Sports

www.hillsideshootingsports.com

Has a Gun Shop and Range. The gun shop has a reasonable amount of reloading supplies that are "fair" priced.

Also has a Pistol range to 50 yards.

The Rifle and Pistol ranges both have "Steel Plate" targets as well as "Paper" target boards.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#41]
An update at Atterbury. I kept an eye on their previous site to see if they would re-open but they have changed web sites and are open you can visit at

Atturbury Shooting Complex
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Young’s Long Shot Range is Indiana’s Best 1000 yard range. Located in Beautiful Wolcottville Indiana Young’s Long Shot Range offers you the ability to shoot from 25 yards all the way out to 1000 yards.

http://www.youngslongshot.com/
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CaptSchofield:
Young’s Long Shot Range is Indiana’s Best 1000 yard range. Located in Beautiful Wolcottville Indiana Young’s Long Shot Range offers you the ability to shoot from 25 yards all the way out to 1000 yards.

http://www.youngslongshot.com/

can you shoot off the street, or is it members only?
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 9:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoosAR] [#44]
New range in Morgan County. Some of you may know John Hall as a Utah class instructor. He also offers other classes such as NRA basic pistol. He is not quite open yet but I did get to put some lead down range today

www.hallsgunrange.com
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdg45acp] [#45]
An Update to the Atlanta Conservation Club.

New Membership email address - [email protected]

New membership phone number - 765-319-3640

http://www.eteamz.com/AtlantaConservationClub/news/index.cfm?cat=593279
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 10:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gee223] [#46]

Kodiak Firing Range

Not fully up and running yet (no rifle side or shoot house), but the pistol side is finally OPEN!

Range fees are $10/hr or $50/mo for unlimited pistol & rifle/shotgun ranges, and 10% off anything in the store (except alamo & reloading supplies). Frangible lead free is mandatory and prices as of now look like this.

380acp is around $18.00

9mm is about $21.00

40S&W is about $21.50

45acp is around $29.75

I don't remember any other calibers off hand, but wheel gun ammo was on hand as well, up to 44mag. No rifle calibers yet since the moving targets are still roughly 3 weeks out. He will have .223, 7.62x39, and shotgun slugs on hand when the time comes. Gun sales are a while out too. The ammo supplier also is trying to get ahold of some polymer tin frangible bullets vs the copper tin they use now. It will be much cheaper. He fully understands that ammo is the tough part for us to swallow and he is doing everything he can to try to get the costs down. Plus if we elect a REAL conservative to run the country, the strengthening of the dollar will cut the cost of the metals making it more adorable yet.

Unfortunately for me, I work across the street. Now when my wife can't get me to answer the phone, she only needs to call work and have them look out the window for my vehicle.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Name: Kodiak Firing Range and Training Facility
Address: 4611 S. Burnett Dr.
              South Bend, IN 46614
Phone: 514-299-8000
Web: www.kodiakrange.com
What you can shoot:  Kodiak has three ranges using static steel targets, knockdown auto reset steel targets and mechanical moving steel targets.  Our standard range is for handguns only, the tactical range allows handgun and .223 rifle and slug (all frangible of course).  Our live fire shoothouse allows both handgun and rifle.  Our tactical range allows draw/fire and tactical reload for training.  Please note for safety reasons this facility uses only lead free frangible ammunition.
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday 10-6 from Labor Day to Memorial Day (winter).
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Fort Wayne area:

TargetMaster Indoor Range inside H&H Firearms 1525 Directors Row (260)483-9135 $12/hr. $15/day

Izaak walton League  17100 Griffin rd. Huntertown (few minutes N. of Ft. Wayne) (260)637-6735 membership dues vary by time of year you join.  No range master present so it is up to the shooters to communicate with each other and be safe.  Good place with nice people.

As previously mentioned Roush Range (260)468-2416 $4/day  great facility

There are others, but these are the 3 I have experience with.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Are there any ranges around Hamilton County that rent AR15s so that newbies like me can fire one before making any possible purchase?  Thanks in advance to any responses.
Link Posted: 12/8/2012 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#50]
New to the site, I didn't go through every post but their is a long range spot in wabash at bass and bucks I think it's somewhere between 700-1000 yards long. And another one over by Rochester its called the sand burr gun ranch, they have a great pistol range and 50.75.100 yard rifle ranges. Steel knockdown pistol targets and spinners and last time I was there they even had an abundance of bowling pins. They have a small shop with firearms and ammo for sale. I think they both have websites just google the names and you should find soothing.
Page / 3
Ranges (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top