Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:23:15 PM EDT
Hi All,

Please forgive me if this has been beat to death.  The more I read in the pistol forum, the more I need to clarify here in MD.

I have a stripped lower I bought prior to the 2012 ban.  I had it shipped to my FFL and filled out the 4473 and MD state form.  It has been sitting in my safe ever since.  I originally wanted to build an 18" SPR, but within the last month, I have an obsession with building a pistol.

My question is to verify that MD defines barrel length as less than 16"? and OAL less than 26"?

Anything else I need to know prior to building?(already know about the brace)

Also, since I'm asking.  I wanted an 11" or so barrel to increase performance(.223). What are your opinions on barrel length for .223?  Would love to suppress it someday if funds allow...

Thanks and regards
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You're fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top