Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 12:30:26 PM EDT
I've heard stories of MD state police pulling over out-of-state folks because they run the plates and see the owner has a CCW license. I know Missouri's last administration gave away our CCW database, so I'm pretty sure my license plate will return a CCW if MD still has that info.

I won't have a gun in the car, but I still don't want to get searched on the side of the road, and have to re-pack all my suitcases and everything. I've heard of folks renting a car to avoid that issue, but that's another $250 I don't really want to spend.

How true is it, and how big of a deal is it if it's true?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt thats true.  I drive daily in md with pa plates.  No stranger to getting pulled over and have never been searched or asked.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't believe the stories.  Just drive clean - and stay out of bad neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
lock yourself in the hotel, order room service

bodymore is stacking them up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thanks! That'll save me some money.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top