Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 12:49:24 PM EDT
Not disputing I should be more responsible.

Does it show up on my transcript or record?  Points?  I'm also from Virginia if that matters.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Game over man, game over...

Eddited to add

Nothing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No points involved. It doesn't show up on your driving record. Just pay it on-line before the due date and then shake your fist in the air and curse the Peoples Republic of Maryland for being money hungry bastards.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
As a cop, I hate redlight cameras. Trust me, just pay it. I have heard nothing but horror stories about people fighting it. Its stupid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
why not try and fight it what more can they do? It is your right to dispute it. you have a right to face your accuser that is hard to do when it is a camera and the burden of proof is on them to prove the equipment is working properly. You most likely still  loose  but you will cost MD money to get your money.

There have been several places that lost because the cameras where not maintained properly or calibrated or put in wrong place.

Morningside MD had them. they where on the main road that ran trough the town. they say it was in a school zone, but no schools where any place close the the camera. someone fought it and won now the cameras are gone.

there is one in Waldorf (red light camera) that keeps flashing after the light is green.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why not try and fight it what more can they do? It is your right to dispute it. you have a right to face your accuser that is hard to do when it is a camera and the burden of proof is on them to prove the equipment is working properly. You most likely still  loose  but you will cost MD money to get your money.

There have been several places that lost because the cameras where not maintained properly or calibrated or put in wrong place.

Morningside MD had them. they where on the main road that ran trough the town. they say it was in a school zone, but no schools where any place close the the camera. someone fought it and won now the cameras are gone.

there is one in Waldorf (red light camera) that keeps flashing after the light is green.
View Quote
If you contest the citation and lose, they charge you court fees in addition to whatever fine the judge imposes.  Often people come out on the losing end, even if the fine is reduced, the court costs are almost $40.  Additionally if you had to take time off from work, that may also cost you financially, depending on your situation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you contest the citation and lose, they charge you court fees in addition to whatever fine the judge imposes.  Often people come out on the losing end, even if the fine is reduced, the court costs are almost $40.  Additionally if you had to take time off from work, that may also cost you financially, depending on your situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The A.H.J. is hoping and counting that the victoms don't fight back and most don't. It then becomes easy money for them.  It is our right to have a day in court and face our accuser. It is up to the A.H.J.to prove that you are guilty not your job to prove innocent.  They have to prove equipment is working and probably installed.  As I said lots of the cameras are not properly working or places  where they should be. They use the logic that if they don't give points and say people can't win then if the victim actually fights it they want to charge you for you to exercise your right, the victoms will just roll over and give into them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top