Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 9:31:41 AM EDT
So I got a buddy that's in my unit and he's getting out next year and going to school back home in Maryland. So I read that it has to be a pistol or H-Bar. It also says no folding stock, can't accept a grenade launcher, and flash suppressor but it says can't have 2 of them or at least that's how I interpreted. I googled MD legal ar's and there are rifles that have collapsible stocks and flash hiders like the stag 3 gun rifle and some other ones. If anyone with more knowledge could chime in I'd appreciate it before we start his build.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything you said is correct. Except a folding stock is not a collapsible stock.

Barrels must be 'marketed' or stamped as HBAR per MD state police.

Check mdshooters.com for more specific info.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It can have a collapsible stock and flash hider. HBAR.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
SBRs are ok with non HBAR barrels if you go Form 1 or Form 4.

And, FWIW, suppressors ate gtg in MD.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Maryland really does suck. I lived there for the first 19 years of my life, then I joined the Army and never looked back. But I do have brothers that live there and one of them wants an AR. Trying to navigate their laws is a pain.

I even called the state police once, for guidance, and the person on the other end of the line was confused by what's legal and what isn't.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maryland really does suck. I lived there for the first 19 years of my life, then I joined the Army and never looked back. But I do have brothers that live there and one of them wants an AR. Trying to navigate their laws is a pain.

I even called the state police once, for guidance, and the person on the other end of the line was confused by what's legal and what isn't.
View Quote
its not really that difficult
just have him go to any reputable gun shop
there are planty of ars to be had in md
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have one that I was going to give to him, so we were trying to figure out if what I have, would be legal in Maryland. Unless I'm mistaken, all it would need would be a barrel change. It's a PSA M4, and doesn't have a heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one that I was going to give to him, so we were trying to figure out if what I have, would be legal in Maryland. Unless I'm mistaken, all it would need would be a barrel change. It's a PSA M4, and doesn't have a heavy barrel.
View Quote
has to be an hbar

with todays prices, it may be cheaper buying a new upper
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

has to be an hbar

with todays prices, it may be cheaper buying a new upper
View Quote
I figured that's what I might do, then see if I can sell the original barrel to fund some of the new upper.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
second this - any good shop will be able to point you in the right directions

what part of MD?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#10]
If he already owned his AR before October of 2013, he can legally bring it with him when he moves to MD. That being said, I do not know if it needs to be "registered" or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top