Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 8:30:49 AM EDT
well it looks like I may be moving from Harford county to Indian head, got a couple questions,

first what's a good area to cheep area to live, any good shooting down there,  while I would love to make the 40 minute commute from VA, I think that I need to look for an area a little further north as I just separated from my wife and have two kids 2.5 and 6 MO, who will be staying in Harford country for at least the next couple years,  

any suggestion would be appreciated.

its kind of funny that VA is literally 2000 feet away from Indian head
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just commute back and forth to Harford

You know they aint got no all you can eat chicken wing joints down there
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
you...

going to need an adjutant.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
stay away from Potomac heights, Indian head, and Bryan road.  In-fact is is good to stay off 210 entirely

If you want a good place to live look into lower part of laplata, dentsville  or  south down on 301 in falconer, on 301 from Rt 6 down to the bridge is good.

There is only one public shooting range in Charles county  that is myrtle grove  and that isnt far from Indian head base 100 yard range, has a skeet and bow range.  fishing pond and is public hunting. but it is very crowded, and requires a permit to use that can be bought from MD DNR web site.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
id say the same thing.  id stay clear of indian head, and bryans road.  that is were I grew up and still have family.

I live in laplata and actually going through a divorce now.  looks like ill be renting house out soon but its more than you may need.  Its a 5 bed, 5 bath house that im moving into basement of and renting top levels out.  If you get down this way let me know as I have family with land and we shoot everything up to 50bmg.

check around laplata and further south to include bel alton, faulkner and newburg.  west to port tobacco and welcome.  dentsville and Hughesville are nice places also.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
id say the same thing.  id stay clear of indian head, and bryans road.  that is were I grew up and still have family.

I live in laplata and actually going through a divorce now.  looks like ill be renting house out soon but its more than you may need.  Its a 5 bed, 5 bath house that im moving into basement of and renting top levels out.  If you get down this way let me know as I have family with land and we shoot everything up to 50bmg.

check around laplata and further south to include bel alton, faulkner and newburg.  west to port tobacco and welcome.  dentsville and Hughesville are nice places also.
View Quote

I live in Laplata as well and have a zell custom  50  BMG.  I shoot it from  time to time at Myrtle Grove but not as much as I want and a few times a year at my nephew in-laws farm in aquisco.  Where do you shoot around Laplata?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot outside of indian head down rt 224.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. I work  down in Indian head.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
nice, I will look up if the contract goes through.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot outside of indian head down rt 224.
View Quote

if you look for someone to shoot with let me know, I would love to shoot me 50 BMG some more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top