Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2016 10:15:31 PM EDT
I have read the current assault weapons bans and laws, but couldn't really find anything pertaining to the use of such weapons. I have a Colt 6920. I havent shot in years since the ban. Am I legally allowed to USE these weapons at a range? What about 30 round mags legally purchased before ban?

Dan in Frederick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have read the current assault weapons bans and laws, but couldn't really find anything pertaining to the use of such weapons. I have a Colt 6920. I havent shot in years since the ban. Am I legally allowed to USE these weapons at a range? What about 30 round mags legally purchased before ban?

Dan in Frederick.
View Quote

So found this from MSP:

Any firearm lawfully owned prior to October 1, 2013 is not required to be registered. Magazines are not required to be registered.?

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/pages/faqs.aspx

However, I still am unclear if that addresses whether it is even lawful for me to possess, transport, and/or USE at a range facility?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you go to any range in MD you will see people using the scary "pre-ban" rifles with scary high capacity evil mags.  You've fine using it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You are fine with it.

Regarding mags, they only banned the sale and transfer in state, not possession.  Md residents can drive out of state to buy them, then take them home.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dan in Frederick.
View Quote

The FSA2013 (the ban) contains words to the effect that persons that lawfully owned a md banned rifle prior to oct 1 2013 may contine to possess and transport that firearm.

Laws on firearm transport in MD include ranges.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a safe space at the range where I can cringe in fear if I see one? . If you say behind the target I'll find you!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a safe space at the range where I can cringe in fear if I see one? . If you say behind the target I'll find you!
View Quote
My local range has a liberal hidey hole. (Not joking)

It says so right on the wall of the outhouse...
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#7]
not enforced
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You can still buy AR-15s in Maryland as long as they have a "heavy barrel". AR pistols and AK pistols are still legal also. Thank God the people making these laws in this state are retarded.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I go to the range all the time with my scary AUG with its 42 round mags along with my Tavor 16 and its 40 rounders including a Wounded Warrior shoot.  No problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top