Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2016 3:51:57 PM EDT
I have a friend from Union Bridge looking for someone who has a stripped lower in stock, anyone know? Is it even possible? Idk maryland laws.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
You can still have stripprd lowers  however they have to register and has to have he hql and wait the two weeks.

You can build it but it must be a compliant weapon. Meaning you can not put a light weight Sporter barrel on it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can still have stripprd lowers  however they have to register and has to have he hql and wait the two weeks.

You can build it but it must be a compliant weapon. Meaning you can not put a light weight Sporter barrel on it.
View Quote

This is not entirely correct. Yes you can buy a stripped or finished lower. Form NO HQL is necessary for either. Lower can be built into a pistol (again no HQL needed) or HBAR. He will have to fill out 77r form and wait 8days. Many shops have lowers in stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not seen a shop yet that the stripped lowers whete cash and carry.  But I have not bought one in 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have not seen a shop yet that the stripped lowers whete cash and carry.  But I have not bought one in 2 years.
View Quote

Stripped lowers are not cash and carry.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. no HQL needed unless you will be making it into a pistol Im fairly certain.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Correct. no HQL needed unless you will be making it into a pistol Im fairly certain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSP wants their cake and eat it too.  No HQL needed for  the lower but not a regulated item yet you still have to fill out the 77R form as if it were regulated, and it doesn't matter what you build it into. (As long as it's not in a banned configuration) There is a law suite regarding this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is not entirely correct. Yes you can buy a stripped or finished lower. Form NO HQL is necessary for either. Lower can be built into a pistol (again no HQL needed) or HBAR. He will have to fill out 77r form and wait 8days. Many shops have lowers in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

77r is "voluntary registration".  Says so right on the form.  Yay MD.  Can't wait to move to TX permanently....
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

77r is "voluntary registration".  Says so right on the form.  Yay MD.  Can't wait to move to TX permanently....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are moving here from Texas keep in mind that any " MD banded" firearm purchased post 10/01/2013 can not be brought into MD. You should also look at the Marylandshooters.com forum, there is a ton of info and good people who enjoy the shooting sports. MD is A beautiful state but the politics suck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you are moving here from Texas keep in mind that any " MD banded" firearm purchased post 10/01/2013 can not be brought into MD. You should also look at the Marylandshooters.com forum, there is a ton of info and good people who enjoy the shooting sports. MD is A beautiful state but the politics suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  "banned", not "banded".  "banded" as a verb refers to a group that has gotten together ("the people banded together for strength in numbers") or as an adjective describes something with, say, alternating bands of color like a King Snake.

2.  Re-read my post.  Pay attention to detail.  I'm not moving to maryland.  I'm getting the fuck out of this shithole.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top