Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2016 11:11:05 AM EDT
As per the title, it's closed for repairs until Aug 26th or so.

ETA- Update
"Due to construction delays the Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range will remain closed until September 9, 2016. The Range will re-open at 1:00PM September 9th after a previously scheduled Shooting Qualification. The Range will be closed for necessary repairs to the baffle structures, berms, and backstop. Use of the Myrtle Grove Shooting Range will not be permitted during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience during this Range closure. "

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I found this the hard way fortunately it is only about 10 minutes drive for me.

During the week isn't bad. It tends to be a lot of the same people. once in awhile, you run into an ass hole. A few months ago I was there shooting my 50 BMG  second table in. I was nice enough to let everyone know I had something big. But after a few shots the guy at the first table started throw brand at me that he was picking up. It was not hot and not same caliber he had.  This guy is known to be an issue there.  When I have my 50 I always have extra foam ear plugs Incase someone needs more protection. That day I only planned to take a few test shots, but because this guy was like this I shout about 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it stil the Wild West down there. Last time I went, man people were just blasting away at everything. Even with no targets.
View Quote

Went 3 times the week before they closed. Open tables every time. Me and my boys had it to ourselves for about 90 min one day.
Most other shooters were fine. One kid asked me if he could borrow a target. And earplugs. After i gave him both, he started asking if anyone knew how his gun worked.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it stil the Wild West down there. Last time I went, man people were just blasting away at everything. Even with no targets.
View Quote

One look at the baffles and uprights answers that.  They're being repaired/replaced yet again, so......
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
bump for update in OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top