Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2016 3:17:50 PM EDT
Hi my Maryland folks,

The family and I are heading to Maryland at the end of July. We’re staying between Salisbury and Ocean City. Guaranteed some beach time, but I can’t live on the beach all day.

Tell me the hot spots to check out, local restaurants, places of interest?
Where are some of the cool place to see and do (Family or Solo)?
Any firearm related places to check out?
Can’t carry in your state, either. How should one travel with a firearm in the great free state of Maryland?

I tried google, but my google-fo is weak!

Any help or recommendations would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
DO not travel with your guns in MD! you can only go from home to gun smith/ store or to an event that you will use it ie hunting or shooting event. by the letter of the law you can not even stop for gas or food with a gun in your car. The free state is not so free for law abiding people.

you would be better off to stay in Ocean city or  just out side in west ocean city.

salusbery is about 45 minutes away from ocean city. they have a mall,  gander mountain and harbor fright  but that is about it

ocean city has e frountier town an old west style show with water park
the board walk  with jolly rogers park for little kits then you have the big jolly rogers for family rides and games and water park go carts
for food  just over the state line in Delaware you will find harpoon hannas they have the best all you can eat snow crab legs.
Pizza  Johnys pizza about 54 th street bay side is the best pizza in Ocean city
in west ocean city crab alley they have best steaks

Larrys Trading Post LLC  Gun Shop 9927 Stephen Decatur Hwy (443) 664-2040 has a lot of high end guns it is small shop and you have to look for it to find it but nice people (and dogs)  prices are ok.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thanks for everyone that replied back!
Should be a great trip.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Driving...
The daughter is playing in the World Series of  Softball down in Salisbury. I'm sure we'll be spending a ton of time of the beach. But, I can' only survive only so long in the sun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
there is a great little free zoo IN Salisbury that is worth seeing. Great place to kill an hour or two.

PS watch out for chicken trucks (cue the John Anderson song)
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Driving...
The daughter is playing in the World Series of  Softball down in Salisbury. I'm sure we'll be spending a ton of time of the beach. But, I can' only survive only so long in the sun.
View Quote

I'll be there too. My daughter is in the 14B league. Best of luck to the girls!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Driving...
View Quote

Good luck getting any beach time! That WS is big, games from Willards to Salisbury an in between.

Old gun shop thread for Salisbury area shops:
https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=156637
https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=156637

Go to Steeles on Rt 9 in DE for a good fun shop. Best water park isn't on the island, it's Frontier Town Water Park $15.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
So, I'm driving along today heading to the tournament and I see this that catches my eye... LWRC.. I'm like what??? Does any one know if they sell parts out of their factory? I see no factory tours
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, I'm driving along today heading to the tournament and I see this that catches my eye... LWRC.. I'm like what??? Does any one know if they sell parts out of their factory? I see no factory tours
View Quote

Nope. You could beg to sweep the floor, maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top