Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2016 5:45:08 AM EDT
Hi fellas,

I'm government and so is my fiancee, and she's gotten a pretty sweet job offer at Walter Reed.

My question is what are the SBR / NFA / general firearm laws in MD? It's kind of confusing honestly and wanted some real honest info instead of conflicting stuff via google.

I see SBRs MUST be atleast 29in overall? So my PS90 SBR is a no go?

Piggybacking onto that - are my SBRs considered "assault rifles" (rolls eyes) - because they have evil flash hiders / muzzle brakes and sliding, folding stocks? I have a 10.5in SCAR 16, SCAR 17, and 11.5in KAC SBR - are these not good because of their 'evil' features?

And because my SR25 has a collapsible stock and a muzzle brake is it considered an evil assault rifle and a no go?

I also have handguns - but I see you need all sorts of permits when you go to buy one. Do you need a permit to bring your own from out of state?

Would it just be easier us to live in VA? (Probably the best answer, but probably not the best commute every day).

Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi fellas,

I'm government and so is my fiancee, and she's gotten a pretty sweet job offer at Walter Reed.

My question is what are the SBR / NFA / general firearm laws in MD? It's kind of confusing honestly and wanted some real honest info instead of conflicting stuff via google.

Piggybacking onto that - are my SBRs considered "assault rifles" (rolls eyes) - because they have evil flash hiders / muzzle brakes and sliding, folding stocks? I have a 10.5in SCAR 16, SCAR 17, and 11.5in KAC SBR - are these not good because of their 'evil' features?

And because my SR25 has a collapsible stock and a muzzle brake is it considered an evil assault rifle and a no go?

I also have handguns - but I see you need all sorts of permits when you go to buy one. Do you need a permit to bring your own from out of state?

Would it just be easier us to live in VA? (Probably the best answer, but probably not the best commute every day).

Thanks for the help!

View Quote

You can come with what you own.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi fellas,

great... another GS...lol just messing with you

NFA is shall sign, no need for trust silliness.
no concealed carry.
new rifles designed after say 2000 are pretty much cash and carry, (scar, fs2000, Tavor, SR25, HK416/417, CZ bren/scorpion(if in rifle form) ect.
legacy guns such as HK9x series, FAL's m14's and AK's are no go... unless in SBR form then they are perfectly fine for purchase
AR lowers are still available, must be built with an HBAR barrel which is no shit not defined by the state so any barrel can be an HBAR with a stamp set.

post FSA SBR's must be at least 29 inches, but honestly I have yet to here a case of somebody with pre FSA sub 29 inch SBR's being questioned by MSP or any other jurisdiction. so in reality nobody cares.

out of the guns you listed the scars should have a muzzle break(because of the folder) if purchased post FSA, but if purchased prior a FH is fine, but once again, there has yet to be a case where somebody where somebody at the range had the rifles numbers ran, to determine if a particular rifles should have a MB or FH.

AR's in 308 are cash and carry not restricted,  you can drive around with it.

no, but to buy new handguns you need an HQL,

maybe but NOVA is a shit hole as well, you could get permit to carry but if you are going to work in Maryland, your not going to be able to carry the majority of the time
Thanks for the help!

View Quote

VA sucks, MD sucks more
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the replies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry for your loss...

I actually love this state, but the 2a laws are crazy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I was reading the MD Forum hopefully to get valid info on Gun Laws there. My SIL and Daughter are moving to south of Baltimore. They have had handguns and carry permits in VA for years.

So, in short, forget about getting a carry permit in MD?

It is OK for them to bring in their handguns; do they have to register them? OK to be loaded in their house? OK to be loaded in their car (as an extension of their house)?
What about going to the range?

Whew! All these restrictions seem so, well ... strange to me. Not sure I could do it.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. I wish my daughter good luck defending herself.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I wish my daughter good luck defending herself.
View Quote

Also illegal in MD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top