Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:47:59 PM EDT
Hey guys, heard about the court case saying your AWB is unconstitutional, guy on the e&e wants to buy my BCM upper complete half and wants to come to DOVER Delaware to pick it up.

My question is, since it's unconstitutional is it being repealed, if so, when?

Also can I sell this upper to this guy in MD without ending up in federal prison.

I ask because I won't last. I'm a small frame with delicate features, would not do well in prison

But seriously, I need guidance and don't know where to look
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
uppers are not controlled items and they can be sold and shipped anywhere domestically. its as simple as that
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You can sell that upper to a 12 year old in Maryland if you want.  Not regulated at all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys, heard about the court case saying your AWB is unconstitutional, guy on the e&e wants to buy my BCM upper complete half and wants to come to DOVER Delaware to pick it up.

My question is, since it's unconstitutional is it being repealed, if so, when?

Also can I sell this upper to this guy in MD without ending up in federal prison.

I ask because I won't last. I'm a small frame with delicate features, would not do well in prison

But seriously, I need guidance and don't know where to look
View Quote

Other posters are correct. Any non serial numbered part can be legally shipped to anyone in any state without fear of prosecution. There are legal preban assault weapons in every state that have a ban. These owners can change parts on their guns at any time to repair or upgrade.

That aside, the legal problems would fall on the buyer in the state that receives a prohibited item. They can't touch a seller in another state that legally sold it. This is how things are treated in regards to normal capacity magazines and other "restricted items" in states that prohibit such.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
And besides that, how do you know he's not putting it on a pre-ban lower?

Just speaking for myself here, all my rifles are pre-ban.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Idk im just trying to keep myself out of prison.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, just because another state has a law doesn't make it binding on you in a different jurisdiction. The burden will fall on the idiot buying in a place where it's forbidden not you for selling it where legal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
If you live in Delaware and you sell something to a person who comes to your home in Delaware to pick up the item then the only applicable law for you the seller to be concerned about is Delaware law.  If this person does something that is illegal after you sell it to him is 100% on the buyer.

Just look at the fireworks companies in PA that sell to out of state residents.  If the buyer leaves the PA firework store and takes them to a state where possession of the fireworks is illegal it's on the buyer not the seller.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No worries. You have absolutely no culpability regardless what the upper is used for. You can sell the upper as safely as you could sell a lollipop. It is not in any way a regulated item.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top