Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 4:53:54 PM EDT
If I found a M203 receiver without the barrel is it legal in MD just like any other firearm? There is no barrel on it nor, do I have a barrel for it.

So I buy it transfer it to a local FFL, then pick it up just like any other weapon or would I have to still get the title 2 destructive device papers?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You asked the same question in the VA hometown forum; yet you live in AZ.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You asked the same question in the VA hometown forum; yet you live in AZ.

Why is that?
View Quote

He could be stationed in MD.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I found a M203 receiver without the barrel is it legal in MD just like any other firearm? There is no barrel on it nor, do I have a barrel for it.

So I buy it transfer it to a local FFL, then pick it up just like any other weapon or would I have to still get the title 2 destructive device papers?
View Quote

Without a 40mm barrel it is only considered a regular gun. You can actually order a 37mm barrel for it and use it as a launcher legally without registering it as a DD. However, at no point should you possess a 40mm barrel for it prior to getting that tax stamp in hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top