Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2016 11:45:08 AM EDT
I went to The Machine Gun Nest yesterday, it's a sweet range.  It's all indoor and everything is 25 yards, but it's not just pistol, you can shoot rifles there too.  It's $18 for a lane which is competitive with what I pay for Happ Baker as an out of county resident, and the lanes at MGN are nicer and the wait is not as long.  Of course they rent machine guns.  I saw a full auto AK rental was $70, didn't pay much attention to other full auto guns though I saw someone rented a Sten and I think they have an MP5.  They also have a ton of semi auto guns to rent (rental prices about $15-$20), and I saw a a tricked out Glock 17 with the Zev trigger and slide that I was tempted to play with.  If you rent their guns you have to buy ammo from them, I guess so you don't put reloads or something in their stuff.    

Anyway, it's a totally legit range.  Very professionally run and very safe.   I had a ton of fun with my Glock 19 and Sig 220 and I'm planning to go back in a few weeks.

http://www.themachinegunnest.com/#about
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have not done so I suggest stopping by Heritage off of 85 in frederick near the english muffin factory. On mon and wed they choose 4 different guns and for 35 dollars you get to rent them all/range fee and a box of 50 rounds. They change it up every week.

Seems like a great way to try out a chunk of pistols before you buy. I was so impressed i got my gf a gift card. The last Monday i went they had all 9mm subcompacts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear good things about both places frequently.  Just wish they had distances longer than 25 yards  
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have not done so I suggest stopping by Heritage off of 85 in frederick near the english muffin factory. On mon and wed they choose 4 different guns and for 35 dollars you get to rent them all/range fee and a box of 50 rounds. They change it up every week.

Seems like a great way to try out a chunk of pistols before you buy. I was so impressed i got my gf a gift card. The last Monday i went they had all 9mm subcompacts.
View Quote

Never heard of them but will check them out.  I really don't deviate from Glock, HK and Sig but might be good to try out some other pistols.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When I do get out its to the MGN as well. We should have an AR15.com day for members to meet up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I do get out its to the MGN as well. We should have an AR15.com day for members to meet up.
View Quote

Count me in
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be there.  I am at TMGN at least once a week.  Love the range and the people there.  Have not been back to Cresap since - are they still open?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top