Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2016 5:47:45 PM EDT
Need help from fellow Marylandistanistas to find a place near S. Baltimore area (I live in Hanover) to pass my vehicle through inspection to get it tagged. Nothing mechanically wrong with it and I have kept it in perfect condition, but has some "cosmetic issues" (according to this nanny-state). Willing to spend $200 to an inspector who pass it. Let me know if you know some one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Good luck.

My otherwise perfect car got hammered for the dumbest shit when I moved to MD.

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Lift kit?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lift kit?
View Quote

tiny chip in windshield and tires stick out past fenders by a mm
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Need help from fellow Marylandistanistas to find a place near S. Baltimore area (I live in Hanover) to pass my vehicle through inspection to get it tagged. Nothing mechanically wrong with it and I have kept it in perfect condition, but has some "cosmetic issues" (according to this nanny-state). Willing to spend $200 to an inspector who pass it. Let me know if you know some one.
View Quote

So, you've just publicly posted that you're willing to give an inspector a $200 bribe to pass your car through.  And you expect people to publicly list someone so Maryland State Police can say "AH HAH, let's put him under special scrutiny".  Are you a complete idiot or do you work for MSP?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So, you've just publicly posted that you're willing to give an inspector a $200 bribe to pass your car through.  And you expect people to publicly list someone so Maryland State Police can say "AH HAH, let's put him under special scrutiny".  Are you a complete idiot or do you work for MSP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if those are my choices then i'm gonna have to go with 'idiot'.

i have read the code, and both issues are borderline, not disqualifiers but several people said they wouldn't pass it only to give me >$900 quotes to "fix" the issues. actually, by the letter of the law, the tires should pass and the windshield chip is up to interpretation (the way the code is worded). the $200 is not a bribe per say, but just incentive to judge on the side of "passing" since the only 2 issues preventing me from registering fall in a grey area.

if you know someone, PM me and don't post it publicly.

i'm not trying to break any laws, just have something that is vaguely written and open to interpretation fall in my favor.
if the state of Maryland doesn't want my money, i'm not going to fight or pay for the "privilege" to give it to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top