Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2015 7:18:34 PM EDT
I'm headed into Maryland tomorrow. I have a PA. CCW, Would place the handgun in a locked box when I'm in Maryland (it's a pickup so would still be in the passenger compartment). Will this be an issue? Hate to have to leave it home.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No issue cased, and in the astronomical chance you get pulled over don't volunteer you have a pistol in the car.

They are not your friend
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ended up making the trip without the piece.......all turned out ok.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

OP likes living dangerously!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I don't. That's why I asked the question. From what I could find about the laws in Maryland it didn't sound like I had a (legal) choice. If you can offer objective insight it would be appreciated. I'll be making the same trip again in the future.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually I don't. That's why I asked the question. From what I could find about the laws in Maryland it didn't sound like I had a (legal) choice. If you can offer objective insight it would be appreciated. I'll be making the same trip again in the future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The laws requiring the firearm to be cased, separated from the ammo, etc., would greatly reduce the availability for self defense with a firearm.

I personally keep a shotgun or a 30-30 behind the seat of my truck with the ammo in the glove box.

There's debate over the legality of that, and I'm sure Andras will be along shortly to rebut, but my interpretation of the current transportation laws "suggest" that this is OK. Either way, if I had to stand before a jury, I'd prefer to have a wood stocked, non-dangerous looking hunting arm over an evil baby killing Glock.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Long arms* don't have to be cased, only unloaded. There's no destination restrictions on longarms like there are with handguns.

*excluding SBR/SBS, which are transported as handguns.

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#7]
One more variation on the handgun question...

If you have loaded magazines, kept separate from the locked and unloaded pistol, are they OK?

Some states consider a loaded magazine to be a 'loaded gun'

My Plan is to lock the unloaded gun in one case and the loaded mags in another locked case, all of whom will be living  in my trunk as I pass through the State.

Thanks!

Edit: Opps, I just read Andras' post about transportation and it appears I am good to go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top