Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2015 6:20:27 PM EDT
http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

This basically gives a list of firearms that are banned or not as well as a description of how these weapons are considered banned. Not all weapons are listed but it gives some guidelines. It describes what makes a weapon a copy of those on the ban list. As this is MDSP website, it should help us to know which weapons we can still buy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Msp recently aknowledged that there list was not legally binding as they don't know what they are doing.

3 piston AR's on the list,
Hk is gtg because parts don't interchange
Lwrc is gtg because it's a heavy barrel
Sig is a no go Beaune it's a copy of the ar15

The crown jewell, the Sig mcx is apparently a ar15

The list is a nice concept if they knew what they were doing , but unfortunately it is put together by typical government employees.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If the md state police says that a weapon isn't banned on their own website then it should be available for purchase. Also it states guidelines for any weapon not mentioned. Mainly, if a weapon is a center fire semi auto and has an detachable box magazine then it goes to the next level which says it needs to have 2 of the following: a folding stock (not a collapsable stock), a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor.

The definition of a copy is outlined as well saying:

a firearm is considered a copy if it is both cosmetically similar to and has completely interchangeable internal components necessary for the full operation and function of one of the enumerated banned weapons. This list represents those determinations.

We should be able to use these definitions to determine which weapons we can still buy in this state.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#3]
http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Are CETME rifles legal in MD?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

not sure why anybody would want a cetme in this day and age when 308 AR's are availible, but yes cetme's are fine, ptr's on the other hand, hell no
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

not sure why anybody would want a cetme in this day and age when 308 AR's are availible, but yes cetme's are fine, ptr's on the other hand, hell no
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was my first black rifle and I got it when I was 15.

Never know when I may travel to MD for a range trip, as I am right next to the border.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top