Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2015 6:20:10 PM EDT
I am originally from VA...

I have a Bushmaster M17s which is a grandfathered weapon.... I can not buy a new barrel for it and noone seems to know if it is made to HBAR Specs... I called Bushmaster and they did not know.... I know it is preban. Can I legally bring it into MD?

I have a LWRCI upper with a preban lower (grandfathered). It is not a preban barrel or an HBAR. However the lower receiver I am using on that is a preban lower. Can I bring that into MD or will I have to buy a new HBAR?

Lastly... I am a bit confused with this rifle ban nonsense. This goes with my LWRC question...Kind of...

If I have an AR (my LWRC I was talking about earlier) with a collapsable stock (not folding), detachable mags, a HBAR, and a muzzle brake not flash suppressor.... Is that okay?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck figuring out Maryland gun laws, they are so screwed up not even the police really know what they are.
Your best bet is call Maryland state police handgun division and ask them. See if they will send you an email with answers to your questions. I do believe at one time if you moved into the state you could bring in your nasty black rifles but still had to redgester them.  That could change.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top