Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2015 3:08:20 AM EDT
Hey there everyone. Upstate New Yorker here about to leave tomorrow on vacation to OCMD. Just wanted a quick confirmation on the knife laws. We get a lot of these type of threads in NYHTF regarding our horrible gun laws so I will try to keep it short and simple. I've read and searched and from my understanding even A/O knives are a no go in OC so I plan to bring and carry a Spyderco Delica and a Spyderco H1 Salt (fancy "divers" Endura). I also want to carry my Sabre Red OC spray. I'm used to having a full CCW permit in NY so I'm just trying not to go completely naked. The Delica is my regular EDC blade and the H1 Salt seems to me to have enough oceanly purpose to pass scrutiny. I would probably alternate carrying them and they would be clipped on the inside of my pocket (clip exposed). I really would never want to use a knife in self-defense but I like having options. God how I wish there was national CCW reciprocity.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Might want to read this.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=176479&highlight=knife

Ocean City has their own ordinances.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a little fuzzy on local blade length restrictions.

Maryland says any "pen knife" can be carried and does not consider these weapons. Some locales have put blade length restrictions in place as case law defined a pen knife as a knife that folds.

Some locales have also banned spring assist knives although they dont meet the definition of a switchblade or gravity knife under state law. Best thing you can do would be to keep the blade under 3" and no spring assist. I do know OC banned spring assist knives.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top