Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2015 9:14:51 PM EDT
I have head of a few but all were $400 or so. Everyone else says that is robbery. Looking around to find a competent and less expensive option.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
There's an ad in the EE for this service for $99:

Linky
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Silencershop for 125.

Fwiw md is shall sign for c3 stuff.  My last individual Form 1 took 3 months.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No need for a trust, MSP will sign any form.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
However, if you use a trust, you can by-pass the MSP directly and send the form to the ATF.

Additionally, qualified people, such as a spouse, can be put on the trust, as can an inheritor.

This means that your spouse can transport and use the C3 items that are part of the trust, and if both of you are killed, you have a clear and legal succession to your children, or family members.  Moreover, the tax doesn't need to be paid again...  (I'm thinking suppressors especially.)

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kharn

View Quote

Wrong.  Many reasons you might need a trust.

-efile.  It takes about 30 days vs 6 months to a year of you go the individual route.

- beneficiarys.  I have a bunch.  All can possess my NFA.  In contrast, your friends are going to jail if caught with your NFA items, and likely you too.  Plus my kids inherit my NFA.

-fingerprint time\cost\hassle.  Got sit on the bench with the recent arrestees and wait your turn at the police station if you want.  Not me thanks.

Then of course there is the Maryland registration database for NFA which they do not publicize, and you won't get info about because it's confidential; individual NFA forms are photocopied after they are signed.  Efile and trusts - not so much.

Trust/corporation is the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
However, if you use a trust, you can by-pass the MSP directly and send the form to the ATF.

Additionally, qualified people, such as a spouse, can be put on the trust, as can an inheritor.

This means that your spouse can transport and use the C3 items that are part of the trust, and if both of you are killed, you have a clear and legal succession to your children, or family members.  Moreover, the tax doesn't need to be paid again...  (I'm thinking suppressors especially.)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Form 5 transfers upon death of the owner are tax-free.
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Wrong.  Many reasons you might need a trust.

-efile.  It takes about 30 days vs 6 months to a year of you go the individual route.

- beneficiarys.  I have a bunch.  All can possess my NFA.  In contrast, your friends are going to jail if caught with your NFA items, and likely you too.  Plus my kids inherit my NFA.

-fingerprint time\cost\hassle.  Got sit on the bench with the recent arrestees and wait your turn at the police station if you want.  Not me thanks.

Then of course there is the Maryland registration database for NFA which they do not publicize, and you won't get info about because it's confidential; individual NFA forms are photocopied after they are signed.  Efile and trusts - not so much.

Trust/corporation is the way to go.

I guess I'm much less trusting of others with my toys or of legal eagles with an axe to grind finding a way to invalidate my paperwork. MSP and other departments are  out of the fingerprinting game, now you have to go to a private company, but no unwashed detainees to sit next to (which never happened to me).

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#7]
thank you guys. sorry for wait
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top