Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2015 7:21:36 AM EDT
In June we are going to Washington Dc,  park and stay in Virginia for three days .  See Williamsburg for three days and then we are going to cut across Maryland to Pennsylvania  and park and stay in a free zone and see the liberty bell and all the historical sights along the way.

We were going to stay in Philadelphia and clean the car out, like if you were going into Mexico and drive down to Baltimore for some Crab cakes.   My wife loves crab cakes and crab in general and has been to the Harbor or market  area or where all the seafood restaurants are.

My question is how to cross Maryland without stopping. We will have a pistol grip shotgun Winchester defender 18 inch barrel and at least two pistols and where is the best Seafood in the Baltimore area and or should I stay the hell out of the area.  Trip planed for June.  

Last time I did something like this in the DC area we just acted like we did not know better and kept the guns on the seat like we always do here. That was 18 years ago or so when bill Clinton was in orifice,  Got lucky, but with Texas plates I am a little worried this time.

Any advice like stay in Galveston Red Neck  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In June we are going to Washington Dc,  park and stay in Virginia for three days .  See Williamsburg for three days and then we are going to cut across Maryland to Pennsylvania  and park and stay in a free zone and see the liberty bell and all the historical sights along the way.

We were going to stay in Philadelphia and clean the car out, like if you were going into Mexico and drive down to Baltimore for some Crab cakes.   My wife loves crab cakes and crab in general and has been to the Harbor or market  area or where all the seafood restaurants are.

My question is how to cross Maryland without stopping. We will have a pistol grip shotgun Winchester defender 18 inch barrel and at least two pistols and where is the best Seafood in the Baltimore area and or should I stay the hell out of the area.  Trip planed for June.  

Last time I did something like this in the DC area we just acted like we did not know better and kept the guns on the seat like we always do here. That was 18 years ago or so when bill Clinton was in orifice,  Got lucky, but with Texas plates I am a little worried this time.

Any advice like stay in Galveston Red Neck  
View Quote

That is a no go unless you are traveling through the state or to a specific destination. (like a range or ffl/gunsmith, you are not allowed to stop anywhere along the way)
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The plan is to drive through to Pennsylvania, and then stay near the historic area in Philadelphia, store the guns in the room and take a side trip back to Baltimore without the guns and ammo for a day
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plan is to drive through to Pennsylvania, and then stay near the historic area in Philadelphia, store the guns in the room and take a side trip back to Baltimore without the guns and ammo for a day
View Quote

That would be fine.  Though I'm not sure about the hotel's liability for firearm storage in their rooms.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That would be fine.  Though I'm not sure about the hotel's liability for firearm storage in their rooms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts also go to my liability if left in the room.  Damn we need nation wide reciprocity.  I know there are a lot of people including some of my kin that travel the USA and the world without a gun but I was raised up different.  

I am a big guy but not a fighter.  When I was a kid about 20 bikers tried to stop my dad in Colorado and a gun saved our bacon and I aint never forgot it.

thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My thoughts also go to my liability if left in the room.  Damn we need nation wide reciprocity.  I know there are a lot of people including some of my kin that travel the USA and the world without a gun but I was raised up different.  

I am a big guy but not a fighter.  When I was a kid about 20 bikers tried to stop my dad in Colorado and a gun saved our bacon and I aint never forgot it.

thanks for the reply
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the reply

If you just take 1 handgun for carry, it may fit in the hotel room safe.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Best crab cakes in the area is G&M Restaurant. All lump crab meat and the are huge.
http://gandmcrabcakes.com/
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Best crab cakes in the area is G&M Restaurant. All lump crab meat and the are huge.
View Quote

Thanks,   we have reservation for our trip made so we will be going.  I just hope this current bull shit subsides by then.

Edit Thanks for post 25.   Must be real good crab cakes to fire number 25 in ten years
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks,   we have reservation for our trip made so we will be going.  I just hope this current bull shit subsides by then.

Edit Thanks for post 25.   Must be real good crab cakes to fire number 25 in ten years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their quality has gone down recently.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/g-and-m-restaurant-and-carry-out-linthicum-heights?sort_by=date_desc
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, G&M is where the tourists and others go for crab cakes. I have never been too wild about them, and they have gotten worse over the last few years. As with any local specialty, your best bet is to go where locals go. I have had crab cakes all overthe city and state. I keep heading back to the old neighborhood to Koco's. Small corner bar and restaurant that has won numerous awards for their dilectable crab cakes. Their address is 4301 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214. The building is very colorfully painted on the outside. You can't miss it. The area is a little dodgy, but you will be fine. The best part is that you wont have to come back to Baltimore tonenjoy their crab cakes once you fall in love with them. They ship all over.

http://www.kocospub.com

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Honestly, G&M is where the tourists and others go for crab cakes. I have never been too wild about them, and they have gotten worse over the last few years. As with any local specialty, your best bet is to go where locals go. I have had crab cakes all overthe city and state. I keep heading back to the old neighborhood to Koco's. Small corner bar and restaurant that has won numerous awards for their dilectable crab cakes. Their address is 4301 Harford Rd, Baltimore, MD 21214. The building is very colorfully painted on the outside. You can't miss it. The area is a little dodgy, but you will be fine. The best part is that you wont have to come back to Baltimore tonenjoy their crab cakes once you fall in love with them. They ship all over.

View Quote

Koco's is great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Koco's is great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Koco's is great.

And, G & M adds baking powder to their filler, causing the cakes to puff, giving the appearance of a larger product.

Koco's are almost entirely jumbo lump crab meat.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I know it's taking your life into your hands, but are the ones from Faidley's in Lexington Market still the bomb?
Also, further down the road in Annapolis, Chick and Ruth's has awesome crabcakes too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
We will give kocos  a try.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
You sir have chosen wisely. 1500 or so miles is entirely too far to drive for mediocre at best.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Knowing my wife's love for crab we will probably try several places .

I took her to Trulucks in Houston several time for stone crab.  One time she ate 28 medium claws.  I ate like 8  It was all you could eat for about 50 dollars a person at the time and she got her monies worth.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Koco's is great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Koco's is great.

This, no question about it.

We lived by Old Harford and Northern Pky, so we would hit Koco's on the reg.

MD seafood is the bee's knees, and we sure do miss it. But this whole freedom thing here is pretty cool too...
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

MD seafood is the bee's knees, and we sure do miss it. But this whole freedom thing here is pretty cool too...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Koco's is great.

Yea I'd rather be a fence post in Georgia than live in Maryland with their rules but I can visit and eat a few crab cakes.    One day we will all be free again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top