Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 1:18:46 PM EDT
I'll be traveling through Maryland in the next few days and wonder what the magazine limit is? The gun won't be loaded and the ammo will be stored in separate vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
ten rounds for purchase or transfer unlimited for magazines that you already own or bought out of state.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. The reason I'm asking was I'm going to be taking a trip through Maryland to W. Virginia (Hatfield/McCoy) and I want to make sure that if I have the magazines loaded (but separate from the gun) I won't get into trouble.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ten rounds for purchase or transfer unlimited for magazines that you already own or bought out of state.
View Quote

Is that the rule for MD residents?

What is the rule for out-of-staters BRINGING magazines into the state?  (Of course, if you don't stop at all, then FOPA might apply.).

But again, what about non-MD residents?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What is the rule for out-of-staters BRINGING magazines into the state?  (Of course, if you don't stop at all, then FOPA might apply.).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the same for both.  Take residency out of the equation.  Md residents and out of staters can take any capacity mags into Md.  Residents and out of staters aren't allowed to sell or transfer any mags over 10rds inside the state of Md.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top