Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2015 9:24:55 PM EDT
I'll be making a trip south in upcoming days and I'll have to pass through the state of Maryland. I was stationed there about 8 years ago, but I'm sure things could have easily changed since then.

I know my CCW is not valid there; while within the state am I good to go if I just unload, remove the loaded mag from the gun, and keep the empty pistol and loaded magazine and ammo in separate compartments? I'll be in a truck, no trunk. Also possession of hollow points is good to go right? I wouldn't get a specified amount of jail time per HP bullet like you do in NJ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
No problem at all with hollow points.

Rest of your plan sounds OK.

You should not have to unload your mags.  There's an AG letter on it.

However, it would not hurt.  And I do not assume every MD Leo has read the AGs letter.  Ymmv.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick to the speed limit and you won't have any issues. Do you plan on stopping in state for food/fuel/lodging?
View Quote

Nope, just passing through on the way to Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
There was one single case (that we know of) where a Florida CCW holder got tailed, then pulled over after passing through the I95 tunnel with his family (think it was even a minivan he was driving).  

The only reason appeared to be the computer database of Florida CCW holders the police obviously have.  Op , they probably know about your PA permit as well as my VA permit; don't be surprised if they ask about it if you get pulled over.  They know everything these days.

But as far as I know, they immediately dropped any practice of stopping drivers for that alone.  I haven't been hassled, and I visit MD a lot (though not through the tunnel).  Is that your route?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top